Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Older and more rusted every day!

Default Fess up!!! What kinda car did you drive in High School!?

I'll rat my old self out! I graduated HS in '67! No... not 1867! While a lot of my friends drove '57 Chevys... I drove a hot rod '57 Lincoln Capri hardtop. It was a pimp mobile indeed & had a big ol 390 & would eat highway. What'n real fast off the line but had an awesome top end. And of course... my theme song was "Hot Rod Lincoln"! What did u drive? Er... did I mention... the chicks loved it!!!

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Skull Master

Started with a 63 Impala (4 door) , had a 72 Ford Pickup with a Police 390 from a Galaxy, ( can you believe we scrapped the car for the motor?) Ended up with an early style Ford Bronco. (bigger back seat)
BONEHEAD TRUCK 39ChevyPu

www.BoneHeadCustomZ.com
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 AM

Old 02-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Busted and Rusted on Route 66

1950 Studebaker Champion. High School 1972-1974 actually drove it off and on until 1982. Still have it and building a Street Rod.

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."

34 Ford Coupe
51 Ford F1
50 Stude Champ
Intro
Old 02-24-2010, 11:12 AM
A *real* tin magnet

My first good car I could actually drive to town was a 1956 Cadillac I bought for $500 from the original owner with 32,000 miles. That was about 1969. I drove it about a year and traded it in for a 1964 Olds Cutlass 2 door hardtop. It was white with red bucket seat interior and a stickshift.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

A stock 78 bright red 305 Camaro my Dad gave me the keys to when I was
14. (I had a age restricted license at the time.) Had a personalized tag that said - CHK MGNT [ddev

I loved that car! Not a hot rod by any standard but for a 14 year old kid, it didn't need to be. Of course I figured out how to make it go way faster than I ever should have! I pegged it at 130+ several times on a secluded stretch of Kansas highway. Yes - I was a stupid kid and I admit it! Good thing I'm still here to talk talk about it actually. Even better that I didn't kill anybody else!!! I was always proud that I never wrecked that car. Then during my senior year in high school, (82) some old lady ran a stop sign and took it out for good!

Thunder
Old 02-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Cheap JC Penny shoes
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Highschool,eh,lets see little fuzzy,think it was yellow and very big.I did have a motorcycle thou,didn't get a car till after highschool when I went to colledge.Started with a 67 beetle, then a 76 LTD hardtop,black with white interior.Did a lot of croptouring with that.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 PM

not actually a car it was a chevy truck with a 454 in it ran and sounded great body was junk so many body panels from the junk yard it was nine different colors never lost it in a parking lot though,lol.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo bandedo View Post
not actually a car it was a chevy truck with a 454 in it ran and sounded great body was junk so many body panels from the junk yard it was nine different colors never lost it in a parking lot though,lol.
Sounds similar to one a buddy of mine had in high school. Not much to look at all but that thing would scream! Guys would laugh at him once when they first saw it but a nicely built 454 backed by a 4 speed quickly changed their minds. They forgot that his Dad was a state champion drag racer!