Wide rims

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darksyde

I got a set of Hoosier 22.5x 33 x 15 wheels for free. On 15" x16" rims with a 5x 5" pattern with 5/8" lugs.
I'm putting an explorer 8.8 rear under my truck and I'm trying to figure out how to use these as they look awesome.
I as hoping for some adapters but they are all 1/2 lugs unless I had them custom built.
New rims? Basic steel rims of that size don't seem to exist anymore unless u buy $400 mags.
New axles. There also near $400 per side.

I looked everywhere for adapters except speedway.
Sure as $4!] they even have adapters with 5/8 studs already installed.

Thanks old iron.

Last edited:
You could find rims with the same diamiter centers as the wide ones and weld them into the wide ones. you just have to be carefull cutting away what you don"t need. also carefull positioning the centers before welding.

drill axle flange to what bolt pattern you need they drill quite easy, drilled my chevy the fit ford rims

i myself would drill the axle to fit, i would never run adapters on the street. had a couple friends get hurt when the adapters failed, one on a street car the other at the track.

Thought about drilling but getting the pattern bang on would be tough I think?.
It would be preferred as 2 more inches isn't a good thing in this case.

There is a company that will build you a steel wheel any width you want, I just can't remember the name of it right now. Check out Summit Racing and Speedway Motors, one should be able to steer you in the right direction.

A place called Rotten Leonard's Jalopy Shop makes the drill guides as a kit. Comes with everything.[;)

Latest posts

Back