brake fittings

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
Got 3/16 bubble flare brake lines (vette metric) trying to go to 3/8 x 24 inverted flare ports in a adjustable proportioning valve. Keep buying the wrong adaptor fittings and tearing my hair out. If someone can put me on to right fittings i would be very happy!

Last edited:
The easiest way is to cut the bubble off and replace the metric nut with the one you need and reflare, but you will need a double flare kit. Can dig through the parts guys brass fittings looking for an adapter. :D

I agree...

Yup, do what sneaky snake suggested. The adapters are available but a P.I.T.A. to find half the time. And I've always had good luck making double flares with metric line. Really, the big difference is the flare.

Faster to use the double flare with the metric line fitting...faster and less headache....I used to hate doing the double flares...got pretty good with the technique and the old flare tool...then the kid bought a really nice hydraulic tool set and man....easy peasy.....Dad was too cheap...using a 60 dollar set I bought years ago from Mac...but that new set up makes all sorts of flares..very nice set up...but about 350 bucks....

Yep, double flaring always seemed like something that I was afraid to do, but my Son bought a tool designed to do it in a couple of steps, and we spliced in a repair on a car he had, and it was really easy to do.

We just followed the instructions with the tool.

Don

Just make sure you have it centered well in the flare tool and it works real slick. Be careful with the smallest anvil - the center pin will snap off easy on that one.

The Harbor Freight kit is the exact same one I got from NAPA, and is about $30 cheaper!:mad:

Latest posts

Back