chassis engineering

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinman

anybody using there rear leaf springs on 1935 to40 fat fender ford ? I have 37 slantback I missed on spring setup BAD rides like a rock..had it to spring shop today and he told I will never get any kind of ride with the springs I have in it .im looking at the springs CE offers 48 eye to eye center pin at 24 that is what I need thay are 5 leaf 3inch ark.. anybody using them ?? any input will help guys don't need to make wrong move ... thanks vince[S

I used Chassis Engineering Inc's rear leaf springs on my truck but took one leaf out! Works fine!

BoB

springs

thanks brother that's what I wanted to here !!! did you get the HD springs? did it have 5 leafs?

Why don't you just set it up properly with the spring you have? I am assuming you didn't have the correct shackle angle when you did the mounts?

spring

na ..there mounted ok the springs are to heavy..springs are out of dodge 4x4 he just told me to thick ..to flat. it had 3 ..I pulled 2 out ,and its still hard

I've used their leaf spring kits on several and the one I use is the universal kit.
Here's an example and it rides great.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6776.jpg
    IMG_6776.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 88
In 1988 I used their complete rear end kit and sway bar on the rear of my 37 slantback. It rode and handled like a dream. Also had their front end kit, axle, spring and split wishbone kit. Used their trans x-member kit also. You can't get any better quality parts.

I helped install the rear parallel leaf spring kit in a 1936 Ford coupe. Was easy with the body off.
Make sure they have what you want in stock. A friend of mine waited 6 months for out of stock springs.

I had a couple of CE spring kit's one on a 40 Ford pu and one on
my 48 Ford sedan it also uses 3 in blocks, can't tell you how they
ride though as I sold one and haven't finish the other...:( couple other friends have used them also and had good luck with them with a decent ride....

129.jpg
attachment.php

Attachments

• 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 77
springs

thanks for the reply guys an good looking rides!! i pulled 1 leaf out of front spring seems a lot better ,,I will know in am if the front is softer,, I made sure I called them ,,and he said the springs are in stock ready to ship !! should have them next Friday ..[cl

Latest posts

Back