Front suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken47int

What is the opinion on the difference between spring over or spring behind suspension. Is there any difference in ride quality? I have a spring over set up now but thinking about trying a spring behind 4 bar set up. Both are kinda similar besides the 4 bar set up. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the extra work moving stuff for the behind set up. Thinking about just doing the spring over 4 bar. Thanks

The ride quality should be the same. The spring behind settup alows you to lower the car more without as much Z in the frame or using a dropped axle. the other thing it may do for you is lenghten the wheelbase without modifying the chassis.

Thanks kenny. That's kinda what I figured,but sometimes it's better to hear it from others. i tend to over think stuff sometimes. What do you think about a 4 bar set up? Worth the effort to switch over from hairpin radius rods? I've heard that they help the beam move a bit more freely?? (Of course I will run a panhard bar). I'm not afraid to try different things and just kinda looking for opinions, I also have considered elliptic, but still not sure? I've seen some nice set ups though. Thanks

Both styles work equally as well. It's a personal preference.
I can see how the 4 bar would offer more rotational flexibility.

Latest posts

Back