Anybody using a 5.7 and made it look good?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisP

Cool engine imo but ugly.
Wondering if anybody has used one and how they got around the looks.

Put a poster of Jungle Pam over it.

I've seen carbed ones where the coils were hidden inside the firewall that looked pretty good.

Cool engine imo but ugly.
Wondering if anybody has used one and how they got around the looks.

...looks are in the eye of the beer-holder...
They may not be a 'real' Hemi, but they can make gawd-awful amounts of HP so it will be a trade off.

Or, I'll sell ya a real Hemi and you can collect atta-boys every time you open the hood....step right up, what's your pleasure?

Depends on what you are trying to do with this, or any other engine. If you are after the look of "A" Hemi then you can do a valve cover conversion and use a Small Block Chevy and you are done. Now if posing is not your goal and performance as well as good looks is the aim, the 5.7 modern Hemi is a real good choice.

The modern hemi stock, builds tons more power than any stock SBC. You can get the power out of the Small Block but it takes money. There are a set of replacement valve covers that remove the coil packs off of the valve cover and give that old Hemi look with the plug wires going into the center of the valve cover to the modern Hemi. There are pricey but available.

There is another option you can get warfarer to build you a early Hemi. Gary is a straight shooter knows his way around these engines and is a good guy. Give him a holler and at least let him explain the pros and cons of both Hemi's.

Here's a few pics - like the LS Chevy engines, it needs all the new tech stuff knocked off, starting with the valve covers, relocate the coils, carburated intake and generally shave the bumps off. I have the 5.7 in my Chrysler 300, like the Chevy LS engine, they had to hide the fuglyness under a bunch of plastic - but it does perform better than almost any car I hopped up in my younger days....

Attachments

• challenger102406374.jpg
    challenger102406374.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 47
  • csavc-3.jpg
    csavc-3.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 40
  • hemi motor.JPG
    hemi motor.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts

Back