Home on the range!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I'm into cowpower now just as much as I'm into horsepower... 5 calves this spring. One of my cows had twins & it's not uncommon for the mother to reject one of them... usually the female. Which is what happened in this case... so... I'm bottle feeding her! She's the one in the foreground (7 weeks old on Friday). Love me some cows... especially calves!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

Attachments

• girlz.jpg
    girlz.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 43
I always feel I was born in the wrong part of the country. I love the outdoors and would love to have a small farm. Best we have are 5 chickens. Beautiful livestock you have. Jim

Some good looking cattle there Tripper. When I was a child I would
spend my summers on my grandparents farm ( thought I was in heaven)
so enjoyed when the calves came. They had an old grey mare that I could
lead to a stump or fence, jump on her old sway back and ride around the
field acting like I was herding the cattle like the real cowboys did...ha
Thought I wanted to follow in my grandfathers footsteps until... the
hot rod bug bet me....plus I soon found out it's not all fun:D

never a dull moment on the farm. :rolleyes: good thing you started bottle feeding her.... brest feeding is really not an option :D

Thanks guys, I'm breeding my Brangus cows with a Hereford bull to get the lil white faced black babies! The calves hang together & are a hoot to watch... they run crazy in the mornings & evenings.

I'm a cow lover too. Just went and picked up a quarter of one yesterday. [ddd

Me too... I raise a lil bull for slaughter every year & a half which feeds Mrs Tripper & I plus her sister & her son for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 years. Best beef period. Including the price of the calf if I had sold it & the processing it comes to $2.85 a pound... can't beat that! Best hamburger & sausage you've ever eaten!

BoB

This time it was a little pricey for me. About $5 per lb this time. In the past it's been around $3.50 per. One of the drivers at work sells a few of his cattle through the year, so I know how the meat was raised at least.

Thanks guys, I'm breeding my Brangus cows with a Hereford bull to get the lil white faced black babies! The calves hang together & are a hoot to watch... they run crazy in the mornings & evenings.

Me too... I raise a lil bull for slaughter every year & a half which feeds Mrs Tripper & I plus her sister & her son for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 years. Best beef period. Including the price of the calf if I had sold it & the processing it comes to $2.85 a pound... can't beat that! Best hamburger & sausage you've ever eaten!

BoB

[dr[dr

I don't know what it costs. My brother in law and my nephew keep my freezer full of free range, grass fat beef. They probably run over 1000 head between them. Ity's always fun when the babys come (not in a blizzard hopefully) My sis here keeps a couple nurse/milk cows to take the orphans from the ranch

Wish I could say I like Farm animals...

Can't get near a farm without an Asthma attack... allergic to cows, horses, pigs and most others... even some dogs fire it up... lived with it all my life... the fur, dander and smell ... I even have to avoid county fairs and such.... :mad:

Hallelujah... my bottle feeding daze are finally over! After 2 1/2 months of feeding baby morning & evening... the mothers started letting her nurse. Her real mother is the lead cow & as long as she refused to let baby nurse... all the other cows did the same. Finally the lead cow started letting her & now the other cows started nursing her too. After two weeks baby will still let me pet her but doesn't come up to me when I call for her... thank goodness. She's finally one of the tribe! I love country life!

BoB

Latest posts

Back