My 37 Dodge pu build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went up to Cornfield Customs and picked up my frame yesterday. Had a few problems, my steering arms wouldn't let us mount the wheels so we used some spindles that Mike had to make it work just to get it home. Had to jury rig a couple of other things just to get it on the trailer.

Mike had 5 inches of fresh snow come down during the night, we just had a dusting at home. I couldn't wait any longer for my frame so we went the 140 miles and hoped for the best (wife went with me). The roads were clear the whole way, Mikes lot not so much lol. Getting it on the trailer was a royal pain but between Mike, his dad, my wife and I we got it on.

Here is a few pics of it on the trailer ready for the trip home.
hotrod 021.jpg

hotrod 022.jpg

hotrod 023.jpg

hotrod 024.jpg

More pics to follow.

Going to be sore tomorrow with all that smiling thats going on!
Looks great! Congrats on picking up the frame/roller!

Too bad you didn't have a come-a-long, they come in super handy when the ground is too slippery to push, or the ramp angle is steep!

Mike had a comealong that we used but it was still rough because the frame sits so low to the ground (just the way that I wanted it to). Mike set it up to run 30" tires but the rollers on the front were only about 26". Backed the trailer into the garage last night and will be unloading it in a couple of hours when it gets above freezing.

And yes I still have a poop eating grin on my face!:D:D:D

Well I got the frame unloaded, came right off the trailer, then it took off across the garage with the wife and I chasing it.:eek: Worked for about 3hrs until my feet and nads got cold and I had to come in.:eek: Hopefully i'll have the body mocked up in the next couple of days. In case anyone wants to know the wheel base is 135". Long and low, gonna have to get my 200yard long driveway graded or it will never see the street.

This is why guys build hotrods Bruno, sometimes your pants are wet with pride,[no need to post a pic of that], but a picture of the poop eating grin is another story.
Keep on tinkering.

For some reason, they seem to come off the trailer better than they go on.[ddd

It's looking good, waiting to see the cab in place!

Well I got the frame unloaded, came right off the trailer, then it took off across the garage with the wife and I chasing it.:eek:

Strange ain't it that there's never a video going of life's little adventures like that...if I hadn't seen things like that happen to myself, I wouldn't be kidding you about it. I'm still laffin thinking about that scene.

Indeed, that is great! So excited to get it home and in the garage off it went!

We usually have a 4x4 or a couple 2x4s to stop it should it get out of control!

Video would be great to see! Heh!

Yeah, I had 4 pieces of short 2X4 on the floor, the wheels turned coming off the trailer and missed them entirely.[S The wife was laughing her butt off as the frame pushed my tired old behind into the work bench. At least the only thing hurt was my male pride.:eek: could have been my frame.:eek:

Looks great. Cant wait to see the cab mounted on there. I think the adventure with unloading the frame woulda made a good youtube video :D

-Chris

Hey Bruno,
Glad you got it home and had fun unloading.
If your current state of excitement lasts for more than 4 hours straight,
please consult your doctor.
Congrats.

[Had a nice day to get out in the garage so I got to work for 5hrs, then the old body gave out:mad: I swapped out the steering arms and got my spindles back on. (Mike i'll send yours back in a couple of days). Had to order a new front spring, the reversed eye 2" drop posies spring had the oil pan and crossmember 2" off the ground. with the new spring and 30" tires to replace the old 24s the ride height should be about right. I have a floor jack under the front crossmember holding it at ride height.

After looking at it with the body sitting on it I'm going to slide it back another 2" to get the rear exhaust pipe further away from the firewall. Enough of my talking, here's a few pics.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 75
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 205
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 91
Wow, that 135" Wheelbase is HUGE, but I bet it will ride really nice!

To put it in perspective I looked it up, the wheelbase is 5" longer than a current-model Chevy Suburban... That's quite something for a 2-seater truck!

It's looking awesome! I can't wait to see all your progress!

Latest posts

Back