Kool Car Photos!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another round....

funny16.jpg

funny15.jpg

funny4.jpg

funny13.jpg

funny2.jpg

Ah,TF's & Funnies...........brings back many memories. I remember going to Sanair,Que, in 1976 for the Nationals.
We got there a few days early and were hanging around when the NHRA advertising guy arrived. He usually hired local folks to attach the sponsor signs to the chain link fence that surrounded the track. He hired us instead, the pay was first class entry tickets and seats in the tower,drinks,(no one drinks in Que,haha),cases of oil,hats,t-shirts and almost anything else he had. I can't remember his name,he drove a brown Dodge van........but wife wife was hot!
Brian

Ah,TF's & Funnies...........brings back many memories. I remember going to Sanair,Que, in 1976 for the Nationals.
We got there a few days early and were hanging around when the NHRA advertising guy arrived. He usually hired local folks to attach the sponsor signs to the chain link fence that surrounded the track. He hired us instead, the pay was first class entry tickets and seats in the tower,drinks,(no one drinks in Que,haha),cases of oil,hats,t-shirts and almost anything else he had. I can't remember his name,he drove a brown Dodge van........but wife wife was hot!
Brian

Cool story. I've never been to Quebec, but I've heard it's some kind of unwritten law, you must have a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other. :D

Racing fans might recall Sanair as the host of NHRA's Le Grande National, where Shirley Muldowney nearly lost her life in 1984.

A couple Shirley pics...

shirleymuldowney.jpg

Shirley1976GF1_Muldowney_01.jpg

More dragsters....

dragster7.jpg

dragster1243-2.jpg

dragsterwheelies.jpg

dragsterTMMCCArdmore11.jpg

dragsterbillyscott_wheelie-1.jpg

dragsterfgfgfgfgf.jpg

dragstermongooseaaaa18.jpg

Wow. Great pictures. Thanks for posting that whole bunch.

Thanks BH. Good (or great) images are a small addiction. :rolleyes: which makes me question my career choice. :D

Great pics MikeR. You obviously have an artist's eye and skills.

You guys may have noticed some pics I posted were done by this guy. From Pomona this past weekend...

dragpomona.jpg

When I was a kid...maybe 16..

Cool story. I've never been to Quebec, but I've heard it's some kind of unwritten law, you must have a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other. :D

Racing fans might recall Sanair as the host of NHRA's Le Grande National, where Shirley Muldowney nearly lost her life in 1984.

A couple Shirley pics...

shirleymuldowney.jpg

Shirley1976GF1_Muldowney_01.jpg

More dragsters....

dragster7.jpg

dragster1243-2.jpg

dragsterwheelies.jpg

dragsterTMMCCArdmore11.jpg

dragsterbillyscott_wheelie-1.jpg

dragsterfgfgfgfgf.jpg

dragstermongooseaaaa18.jpg

Muldowney and Kalitta both lived around the corner from the Shell station I worked at...was cool.....she didn't look as good in person as the photos...she was nice ....would talk to you...Kalitta on the other hand....not so much....lol

Muldowney and Kalitta both lived around the corner from the Shell station I worked at...was cool.....she didn't look as good in person as the photos...she was nice ....would talk to you...Kalitta on the other hand....not so much....lol

Were they a couple at that time Sarge?

Shirley may not be the hottest thing, but Connie got the better view in that exchange. He strikes an uncanny resemblance to my avatar pic. :D

No.....they were not...it was about 67/68

Were they a couple at that time Sarge?

Shirley may not be the hottest thing, but Connie got the better view in that exchange. He strikes an uncanny resemblance to my avatar pic. :D

If I remember correctly...her son was still really young and getting into working the crew.....I think Connie was still just a friend and fellow racer at the time...Connie's brother (I believe it was his brother) owned a welding tank supply business locally...his name was Doug...not sure what relation Doug Kalitta the current driver is to Connie / son, nephew/ but isn't Connie's brother...he's too young to be Connie's brother....anyway, was way cool for a 16 year old drag racing fan to have a actual speaking relationship with famous drag racers...even if it was putting gas into the haulers...lol..some of the photos and signatures i got were victims of my first wifes arson attempts....:eek: along with tons of other things....Connie was always kind of gruff...didn't talk much..at least to me...lol... not sure when they moved from the Mt. Clemens area..he still had his flying service out of the Detroit city airport at the time....now he has his business in Oscoda Mi. at the old Wurtsmith AFB.....huge place....

Latest posts

Back