Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spotted this last February in Silverthorne Colorado. Complete with ski rack and snow tires.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 210
This was for sale on the side of the road. Said 1930 but it isn't a Model A...Essex maybe? Had a body line on top of the cowel that came to a point

Attachments

• 0926151315.jpg
    0926151315.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 63
Saw this kooool AD when I was getting my new windshield! Sorry I didn't get a front shot because it had a totally re-chromed grill that set the black primer body off really well!

BoB

Attachments

• AD.jpg
    AD.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 55
Saw this in downtown Austin this morn! Gotta love some Blue Oval panel!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 58
Recently spotted through the windshield...

Cowboy Cadillac

attachment.php

This afternoon... my son said, "Is that a real DeLorean?" I was already lookin' and said, "Yeah! Get a fluxin' picture of that fluxin' thing!"

attachment.php

Attachments

• traffic 18.jpg
    traffic 18.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 106
  • traffic 19.jpg
    traffic 19.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 106
Today (a cold, wet and miserable day) I spotted this rarity, pulled over, pushed Cranky Jr out the door and he shot a few pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Meteor3.jpg
    Meteor3.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Meteor1.jpg
    Meteor1.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Meteor5.jpg
    Meteor5.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 112
Dr. Crank, I will come to your aid this one time and answer Snake.
There were two cars sitting on my uncle and aunts ranch near Fort St. John, B.C.. I, being the white haired nephew got my choice. I chose the pink '57 Monarch two door hardtop and left the other one sitting there. There are some of you southerners that will think my Monarch is a Mercury. The other car was a '58 Ford sedan delivery, just like the one in the Dr's. pictures. I looked it over closely to see if it had a '58 front clip on a '57 but no, I don't think so. After doing some reading up on the wagons I realized that the factory didn't want to wire the inner dual taillight into the tailgate, so they put '57 taillights on them.

This might be a true barnfind as it has been sitting in that corner of the shop for 32 years. But, barnfind implies that it was lost once and I knew where it was all along.

Attachments

• Monarch front right.jpg
    Monarch front right.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Dr. Crank, Your miserable weather reminds me of ours. We have had a really nice fall up until the middle of November. I was walking around with my shoes on until this Sunday, then we got 7" of snow yesterday. I wanted to get the red '55 in to fix up a few things before I put it away for winter. Here's how far I got.

Attachments

• IMG_1601.jpg
    IMG_1601.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 21
Sorry SF... my internet service has been pure sh** tonight! :mad:

Thanks for the assist, Mac!

I hoped you'd chime in and what you said makes perfect sense. "Mix and Match" seemed commonplace (in Canada) no matter the brand and especially thru the '50's.

I was surprised to see this car today, snow is often here by now and the toys are usually in mothballs... keep it over there, Mac, keep it over there. :D

Sorry SF... my internet service has been pure sh** tonight! :mad:

Thanks for the assist, Mac!

I hoped you'd chime in and what you said makes perfect sense. "Mix and Match" seemed commonplace (in Canada) no matter the brand and especially thru the '50's.

I was surprised to see this car today, snow is often here by now and the toys are usually in mothballs... keep it over there, Mac, keep it over there. :D

Crank, that is one beautiful Meteor! It's so cool that there are cars that we only could buy in Canada. At the Goodguys shows it's entertaining seeing Americans scratch their head at a Beaumont or Acadian.

Luckily, I missed the big snowfall that they got in Mac's area! Still bare ground here! If it's still that way on Saturday, I'll take my truck for another November cruise.

Latest posts

Back