Is Clasiq car auction, California legit?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacrat1

Hey Group

Yesterday, I came across an auction site Clasiq Cars, out of California.
I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if this business is Legit. It took some searching, to get an address for the place. The same vehicle was on Craigslist in Ohio, and Texas. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Red flags if you find the same car in different states. It's possible they advertise nationwide, but then again it could be hacked pics and a scam. I'd run a Goggle image search and see just where the pics came from. They are not always 100%, but I have seen them show the original pic coming from some seller nowhere near where the ad claims it to be. Craigslist has always been a haven for scammers. Several years ago, we found an ad for a C5 Corvette that was reasonable, not dirt cheap, but lower than normal market pricing. We emailed the guy who gave us some sob story about being in the military in FL and the car was actually in NJ and he was being deployed overseas so he had to sell it. Ran a Google pic search, the car was in TX, owned by a senior citizen who was selling it. It was priced in the normal range. His ad was in some Corvette magazine, we sent him an email and asked about it. He had no idea the other guy was using his pics and description for a scam ad! He was very thankful we contacted him!

If it's too good to be true, it's probably a scam.
If they claim they will ship it to you for a free trial, it's a scam.
If it's in several different ads in different places and different prices, it's probably a scam.

Thanks guys for your input. The car is listed on craigslist in 7 different cities. The "auction" hasn't had an increase bid in at least 5 days. The car is listed on craigslist for 30K. The bid is 11.2K. The car is a 1950 Studebaker starlight coupe, 400 motor, Nova front end.

My gut said scam, but I hoped someone here, was fimiliar with them.

Thank you for your input

Latest posts

Back