Fargo Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, zz. Looks like everything matches up. The instrument panel cut out, the door catch brackets and other small details. Thank you.

Old Age Strikes Again

I've had two 1931 Model A trucks. Boy are they advanced bodywise compared to this 1930 Dodge cab. Lotsa wood in the Dodge.
I tweeked an ankle unloading the cab yesterday. Didn't even know it for a while. Kept getting sorer and sorer until I can hardly put any weight on it.:( So today I'll be sitting, and sitting, and sitting. And hopefully, healing. Got a Jeep header to finish. Among a few other things.

Looking for a '30 Dodge truck radiator shell.

Sorry about the ankle, Bob. I hope it doesn't keep you down for long.:(

The truck zz posted is a dead ringer! Now I wonder why the seller called it a Fargo? It could still be and the seller must have a reason. [S

Sorry about the ankle, Bob. I hope it doesn't keep you down for long.:(

The truck zz posted is a dead ringer! Now I wonder why the seller called it a Fargo? It could still be and the seller must have a reason. [S

Bummer about the ankle. Sending you healing vibes, bob.
What type of wood are you going to use to replace the original?
Doc....
Fargo was a independent truck builder that started back in 1913. Dodge bought them in 1928 and started to use the name on their products. Then when Chrysler bought up Dodge they continued the use. So if it is indeed a 1930 Then it would still be called a "Fargo.
All this comes courtesy of the internet.LOL"
Torchie

Doc....
Fargo was a independent truck builder that started back in 1913. Dodge bought them in 1928 and started to use the name on their products. Then when Chrysler bought up Dodge they continued the use. So if it is indeed a 1930 Then it would still be called a "Fargo.
All this comes courtesy of the internet.LOL"
Torchie

I understand all that, my friend. ;) Dodge and Fargo were likely the same exact truck in 1930... but without any numbers or logos, there's no way to identify one from the other.

I understand all that, my friend. ;) Dodge and Fargo were likely the same exact truck in 1930... but without any numbers or logos, there's no way to identify one from the other.

Doc...
The way I read it is that Dodge started calling all their trucks Fargo. Not that there were 2 trucks with one having a Dodge badge and the other identical one having a Fargo Badge.
It's a bit before my time so I'm just guessing here.:eek: :p
Torchie

Hoof is Healing

Walking pretty good today. I'm old but seem to heal fast.
Spent a couple hours in the garage and got two short pipes added to the Jeep engine header. That's going real slow.

The guy I bought the cab from was just guessing what was. He was hoping I was an expert.

Torchie, you are the go to guy for the type of wood to use. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

You're safe with me little cab. Out of the cold and wet.

Attachments

• pipe 003.jpg
    pipe 003.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Waldoch's Turkey Farm & Orphanage. :D

More of a rescue operation, Doc. Sure do like the old tin. Yes I do.

Got this Mustang rear end for it. All new brakes, drums, etc.

Also picked up this brass fire extinguisher cuz it's never too early to think about accessorizing. It will look good in the box. Thinking about a copper roof insert so it would go along with the non-ferrous theme.

Attachments

• Fort Dodge 002.jpg
    Fort Dodge 002.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 24
  • Fort Dodge 001.jpg
    Fort Dodge 001.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 23
A Day of Rest

Been lifting too much heavy stuff. Gotta take a break.

I have this 1928 Dodge sedan frame laying in the weeds. Got it from a neighbor 4-5 years ago with no plans for it. Now, it will be underneath this cab. With modifications of course.
Here's a pic of the box side. Note that it is made up of several sheets of steel and wood inside and out. I can't explain why Dodge made such a multi piece bed The plan is to shorten it a bit but to make the bed pretty faithful to the original.

Attachments

• frame 001.jpg
    frame 001.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 40
  • frame 002.jpg
    frame 002.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 47
Torchie, you are my "go to" guy regarding what type of wood to use.

Still not able to sling parts around in the garage so I'm relegated to key board hot rodding.
Well. I suspect it may have been Ash.
I would look at something that is not prone to rot.
White oak is good but is really hard. Any screw holes would have to be predrilled and then a SS screw run into them. I've never tried to nail white oak.
Fir would work too as that is what Chris Craft used for many of the Long engine stringers. Pretty stable and a good straight grain.
Just my 2 cents. LOL
Torchie

Good luck with healing, building and good call on the ID,

Still going to hobble to Florida?

Always on the lookout for parts and pieces for this future project. Might be able to start on it next fall. I picked up this trunk today on Facebook Marketplace. It will either house the gas tank or be used as a...wait for it... a trunk.

A friend says he going to give me a dropped tube axle with Chevy spindles. Not in my hands yet so you never know.

Attachments

• Fargo Trunk 001.jpg
    Fargo Trunk 001.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Fargo Trunk 002.jpg
    Fargo Trunk 002.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
Always on the lookout for parts and pieces for this future project. Might be able to start on it next fall. I picked up this trunk today on Facebook Marketplace. It will either house the gas tank or be used as a...wait for it... a trunk.

What are the chances of there be two of them in the same country[S
Ours is a ToyBox, happy grand kids [cl
Yours looks a little better :D

Attachments

• trunk.jpg
    trunk.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back