Pics - TorqueFest 2015

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the show! A guy came up to me last year and said he had a pair of Olds skirts that looked like they came off my car. Same color, same patina. He was gonna ship them to me but would a cost $120, so I had to wait until this years show. He showed up, we did the deal, and they went on!

I also put a bowling pin on the hood, but you can't see it in that picture.

I had a guy come up this year and tell me he has a visor off a similar Olds that I can have for free if I come get it. Turns out he is only 15 miles from my parents house.

The color match and patina is perfect... We need some more shots!

Here's a pic of it when I got home. The skirts don't really show too well, but the Car Club Pick trophy the Leadfoot Lunatics gave me shows up well. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150503_171514453sml.jpg
    IMG_20150503_171514453sml.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20150504_195238300sml.jpg
    IMG_20150504_195238300sml.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
mirrors

Pretty cool Sam !! ,got a ??? for you on the car is the right mirror really usable ? Like the looks of them vs the little round ones & where did you find them ?

I'd need to bend the arm back more for it to be real useful. But, really I have enough windows that I can see everywhere except the left side blind spot.

One was on the car when I got it, and the other I either got off Ebay or found at a swap meet. They are old aftermarket mirrors AFAIK.

Thanks for the reply, I've got the same problem on the arm .. if I bend it no go (arm isn't long enough)or it'd hit the window .
Saw your car at Tfest & didn't even notice the mirrors (sensory overload).

Thanks for the pix! Lots of nice rides around. What was the deal on the dirt track Sam? Did they let you run solo laps or did they actually let people race in run what they brung?

It's always been solo photo-op laps, but I heard word that they were letting more than car on the track at a time this year. Only allowed to go 40mph though for insurance reasons (but they have no way of telling how fast yer goin' :D)

They had chain racing again that got out of control at the end. Chain Racing: front car has the motor but no brakes - chained to the back car - back car has brakes but no motor. At the end there were 3 unchained cars racing with no brakes - kinda crazy.

But that carnage kinda messed up the track for the next day of photo-op runs. I decided not to take the Olds out this year.

Latest posts

Back