English Wheel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAT IHC

Has anyone built their own e-wheel? I've been itching to give it a try. Any pictures or links would be great! Also if you have one can you upload a few pictures of some of the work you've done with it?

-Troy

Haven't built one yet, but did get a book with the plans and a lot of other info relating to the stress' involved on the main frame. Along with material size and shape, and the loads they can handle. I got this book through www.lindsaybks.com for around $11.00 or so. You can request a free catalog from them. The author shows a few different ways to build the E wheel, bench mount, floor mount, wall mount. As well as a couple of different ways to make the main frame. Blue print type drawings of all the pieces and dimensions. The page on how to run it, and how to get the various shapes is worth a lot in itself.

Attachments

• E Wheel.jpg
    E Wheel.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 30
  • E Wheel 2.jpg
    E Wheel 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 30
  • E Wheel 3.jpg
    E Wheel 3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 46
Sniper,
Thanks for the info! I didn't see the book on their website, but I did request a catalog so hopefully I'll be able to order it from there.
-Troy

That bead roller and English wheel combo is pretty cool. Most bead rollers have the dies both turn opposite directions and that one only has the upper die powered. Wonder how well it works compared to the others that both dies are powered? The English wheel I wouldn't think would be to hard to build depending on how big you want it and make sure it doesn't flex. I saw the dies for a English wheel at harbor freight yesterday.

Latest posts

Back