"New" drill press

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junker39

I picked this up for 50 bucks at a local auction. I really didn't need it but I just had to have the square hole attachment that was on it. So far, I've never needed to have a square hole for anything but, now I'm ready just in case something pops up. I got the attachments for half inch and three eighths holes. Something to play with anyway. Later.

Attachments

• Drill 1.jpg
    Drill 1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Drill 2.jpg
    Drill 2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 90
I guess the square holes were used in some sort of furniture making ? Very cool old piece of equipment. Wonder if it can be converted to work with steel?

Don

I picked this up for 50 bucks at a local auction. I really didn't need it but I just had to have the square hole attachment that was on it. So far, I've never needed to have a square hole for anything but, now I'm ready just in case something pops up. I got the attachments for half inch and three eighths holes. Something to play with anyway. Later.

I would have bought it just for the coolness factor:D

That thing rocks! Now go try and pound a round peg....sorry, I diegress...[cl

Kinda' been replaced by plunge routers, and now more recently most cabinet & furniture builders use Kreg screws. (A drilling jig or guide gets you an angled hole. The acess hole is visible on the bottom or inside panels.)

Latest posts

Back