Banjo Bolt

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrolls

Went to fire up the pressure washer today and about 5 minutes in, it took a dump. So while going through the preliminary inspection, the banjo bolt on the inlet snapped while removing it. @#$%##&(
So I went online and found the bolt at 3 different supply houses, the best price was 46.50 for a stupid banjo bolt. About that time Dale ask me if I'd found the bolt online. When I told him I had but for 46 bucks plus freight he replied "I'll just make one" So I figured what the heck, while he's doing that I can disassemble and clean the head assembly off the pressure washer, because from the looks of that banjo bolt there's clearly a chunk of something clogging a valve or something. Also I thought it'd be fun to document the "build" of a banjo bolt because this kind of thing fascinates me. Of course I'm easily entertained.

Start with a scrap of stainless
attachment.php

Setting the thread cutter in the tool holder
attachment.php

Cut da treads
attachment.php

Drill the hole
attachment.php

Finished in the lathe
attachment.php

Move to the mill and the indexing fixture to cut the hex
attachment.php

Drill the hole in the side.
attachment.php

Voila
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0455.jpg
    IMG_0455.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0453.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 59
Where have you been hiding ORR? Or have i just missed some posts?

I don't get on the forum much since moving back to Steamboat a little over a year and a half ago because of slow internet at the house. i.e. Dale built the banjo bolt in about 30 minutes. Felt like it took me about 45 to build the post about it.........not too impressed with Hughes Net.
But now I got a laptop so I can surf on the couch while vegging in front of the tube in the evenings and time's not an issue. Looking forward to posting more often in the future.

I don't get on the forum much since moving back to Steamboat a little over a year and a half ago because of slow internet at the house. i.e. Dale built the banjo bolt in about 30 minutes. Felt like it took me about 45 to build the post about it.........not too impressed with Hughes Net.

You won't ever be impressed by Hughes Net. Were we live they are our only option for internet. Can't even have old style dial up as the phone lines won't support it out here.
Cloudy day. No internet. Rainy day. No internet. Sunny day. Real slow internet.....:eek:
Good luck.
p.s. Nice job on the bolt.:)
Torchie.

Latest posts

Back