Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all :D
We are not strangers on this site. Just friends that haven't met face to face yet.:)
Got the Dodge tucked in and the boat covered up for a little nap. This way we are able to get the wife's car in to garage as she will be in charge of transport for the next week.
I sat out there staring at the Dodge and had the evil thought of what it would look like with about a 3" section.[ddd [ddd [ddd . As if I don't have enough [;) [;) [;) to do .:eek:
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 26
Oooooooohhhhhh! I likey! Gives it good proportions. Would be a TON of work though. Probably why there never were many done that way.

Rough and dirty section...

attachment.php

Oooooooohhhhhh! I likey! Gives it good proportions. Would be a TON of work though. Probably why there never were many done that way.

Thanks Dr. [cl
Pretty much what I had in visioned. Did you take out just 3"? And where did you take it from?
Looks like the front fender above the wheel well.
I not a huge fan of sectioned cars but I have seen some that I really liked and this could be one of them.
We will have to see how things play out.

Some thing else to think about.....;)
Torchie

Last edited:
holy crap that channel made the car even more gorgeous [cl[cl[cl

torchie if I lived by you I would come do all your welding just to learn your eye.

Pretty much what I had in visioned. Did you take out just 3"? And where did you take it from?

Could be 3", could be 4". (I don't have a fancy Chevrolet calibrated yard stick. ;))

Cut lines, approximately here...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Torchie-drop crown - section lines .jpg
    Torchie-drop crown - section lines .jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 68
holy crap that channel made the car even more gorgeous [cl[cl[cl

torchie if I lived by you I would come do all your welding just to learn your eye.

Thanks joedoh but i'm not sure you would want my eyes.:eek: we have lots of room to camp on here if youi don't mind the Black Bears coming around to visit the honey bees.:D

Could be 3", could be 4". (I don't have a fancy Chevrolet calibrated yard stick. ;))

Cut lines, approximately here...

attachment.php

Thanks Dr.
Just guessing I would say more like 4" based on the area over the front tire.
When I saw first saw the pic i thought that perhaps you had taken some out of the rear quarter above the rear fender. But once I put my glasses on.....LOl
Always something to ponder. I can truthfully say that I have had thoughts of trying to sell the beast (as is) but then I remember why I started it in the first place. I want to still do some of the things that I enjoy as long as I can and it beats sitting around with my thumb up my...... Well. You all know where.:rolleyes:
Keep on keeping on.
Torchie
p.s That yardstick has your name on it now Crank.:D

holy sabre saw batman... that section will make the Mopar more 'droolable"..

Torchie if you don't ever do this someone really needs to.. !!

in fact . If you can lay your hands on some folders, rollers, 8x4 sheet, some weldy stuff, beersies and snacks, oh yeah some plane tickets this kiwi bodyman mopar fanatic will come over an help ya's :D

will need to check im allowed to with mrs crate first though

holy sabre saw batman... that section will make the Mopar more 'droolable"..

Torchie if you don't ever do this someone really needs to.. !!

in fact . If you can lay your hands on some folders, rollers, 8x4 sheet, some weldy stuff, beersies and snacks, oh yeah some plane tickets this kiwi bodyman mopar fanatic will come over an help ya's :D

will need to check im allowed to with mrs crate first though

LOL.
I'm starting to count up the number of saw blades I think I will need as we speak, 23. :eek: :D :cool:
At this point it's about a 99 percent chance that this will happen.LOL The last 1 percent is just making the first cut.
Torchie

Last edited:
I've never done a chop, or a sectioning job, so I'm just thinking out loud here. I did read an article once where a guy followed those basic cuts as far back as the rear quarter, then took that part out above the fender, like you said, Torchie. I think that would put the front fender about level with the rear fender. (It did, however, involve a lot of metal shaping to reform the troughs between the fenders and the deck lid.)

Latest posts

Back