‘52 Willys Pick Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crease removal

I would tack a 1/8” plate about the width of the crease in the crease, put a hole in the plate big enough to put a come along hook in and pull it while tapping the back side with a hammer.

I would lay the fender up side down in the dirt and take a walk inside til it`s flat again. Then chase the flattened bodyline with a wide chisle or nylon wedge or something. Just tell it where you want it to go. Get a bigger hammer if it wont.

I think I would figure out the angle on either side of the peak from the good fender. Cut two pieces of plywood the width and length on each side of the fender top, either side of the peak. Lay these on top of another piece of plywood with the center line (Peak) about 3/16-1/4" apart, shim the outer edges of the ply up with some door shims to your peak angle then put some screws in to hold the whole thing together. Then use your hammers to put the shape back, maybe use a piece of round rod the right size down the center. [S

Thanks guys. I used both suggestions with pretty good results.
I put it on the sand we have around here but couldn't move the dent enough to get it out walking on it so I used a dead blow hammer on it. Got it pretty flat then used Dozers method on the peak. That worked really well. The very front was paper thin on the bottom so I had to form a piece and patch it in. Still need to do a little hammer and dolly work on it tomorrow after I fix the corner that was brazed.

Attachments

• IMG-1435.jpg
    IMG-1435.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-1436.jpg
    IMG-1436.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-1437.jpg
    IMG-1437.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG-1439.jpg
    IMG-1439.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-1440.jpg
    IMG-1440.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-1441.jpg
    IMG-1441.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG-1442.jpg
    IMG-1442.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 25
You did a mighty fine job working the wrinkles out of there Pops. [P[P

Thanks for for sharing your idea!! It really worked well and I'll file that in try to remember that file.

That's what I like about this site, folks are willing to share their talents and experience.

Thanks for for sharing your idea!! It really worked well and I'll file that in try to remember that file.

That's what I like about this site, folks are willing to share their talents and experience.
I read statements like this on this site more than any other site I visit on the entire internet. [cl [cl [clAnd y'all even put up with me! :D It doesn't get any better than that.

I got the brazed repair taken care of today. Mounted the left side front fender and got the front grill on. I need to make a mount for under the grill next.

After looking at that 2nd picture it's obvious that someone didn't match the profile on the bottom of the drivers side fender. So it's back to the drawing board to make the fenders match.

What a dummy!!!!:eek:[S:eek:

Attachments

• IMG-1443.jpg
    IMG-1443.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG-1444.jpg
    IMG-1444.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG-1447.jpg
    IMG-1447.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 29
Little bit of off profile won't keep it from running unless you keep it in the garage:D[/QUOTE

I hear you!! I'm a firm believer in the old saying "You can't see both sides at once. Leave it."

The only problem here is you can see both sides. It would bother me the rest of my life cause my bride won't ever sell it as long as I'm alive.

Sooooo I'm going to fix it. I did move it way down the list of things to do tho. [ddd[ddd:eek::eek:

Todays progress.....

I managed to get a front cross member made and installed before it got to hot to work. Got the front grill mounted after fixing more cracks from vibration. The cab is now completely mounted on neoprene mounts.

If this thing was all together and primed I would turn on the A/C but it's not refrigerated in the shop and I don't want this thing to rust from the moisture from my swap box cooler.

Attachments

• IMG-1448.jpg
    IMG-1448.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-1454.jpg
    IMG-1454.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-1455.jpg
    IMG-1455.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-1462.jpg
    IMG-1462.jpg