TH350 Fluid Capacity ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
What's the fluid capacity of a TH350? My Chilton's says 6 pints. Is that right? I put in a gallon and it's leaking out on the floor.:eek: I hope I just over filled it.:rolleyes: From what I remember it seems my 700R4 took a couple gallons

What's the fluid capacity of a TH350? My Chilton's says 6 pints. Is that right? I put in a gallon and it's leaking out on the floor.:eek: I hope I just over filled it.:rolleyes: From what I remember it seems my 700R4 took a couple gallons

I think it's somewhere in the area of 10 quarts if everything is dry before you start, depending on the converter and pan. That also includes the fluid in the converter. If you don't fill the converter, you'll have to start it, and run it through the gears before it'll take all the fluid

I just checked the manual after I posted, the official capacity is 10 to 12 quarts, depending on the converter size. You've got about 8 in there now so I wouldn't put any more in until after I started it and ran it through the gears. The last TH350 with a stock converter and pan I filled took about 10.5 quarts.

It's possible that's it's oozing out of the overflow tube because the fluid hasn't saturated the entire system. You haven't overfilled it though. Fluid will pour out of the speedo cable hole if you didn't fill plug that.

Bill is right, my 350 took 10 quarts when I filled it. I started with a totally dry transmission. You have to keep checking the dipstick and running it. It takes a while to fill completely, and you can get air bubbles in there that distort the reading, so you just have to keep adding and waiting.

Don

Latest posts

Back