First Fotos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
First Fotos (64 Impala)

Here is a pic of my soon to be daily driver. She's a 1964 Impala Hardtop. I'm in the process of removing all of the side trim to give it a cleaner look!:cool: I just have to find the time to weld up the 90 holes that the trim left behind! So for now I call her the Swiss Cheese Mobile!:D

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Yeah, one of my first cars was a 1965 olds jetstar. My buddies and me went to the end of the earth in that thing. I wish I would have never gotten rid of it. I've been looking for one for a long time now, that is how I stumbled across this thing. I might actually like the Impala better!:cool:

Imp's r great cars!

Inked,
Imp's r great cars & is plenty big to take your pals along. What motor u got in there?

BoB

350 I have the stock 283 that I'm rebuilding right now.

Attachments

• fgg.jpg
    fgg.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
If you are going through it right now, Make sure you replace the valve springs and umbrella seals. Those little 283 were made to turn up some high RPM's.

They still rip a few un suspected ricers too.....

Gastrick's tricks!

The car looks good without the trim Monkey. Just weld up one hole a day and in about three months you'll have em all filled:D.

One hole a day is an old trick I learned from Gastrick!!! Works like a charm!

BoB

That's a keeper

350 I have the stock 283 that I'm rebuilding right now.

Inked,
That 283 is a definite keeper. They were great motors, got good gas milage & they ain't makin' anymore of them either! Really glad u're rebuildin' it! Keep us informed on u're progress with that!

BoB

Will do, I can't wait to dig into it.

I can't believe they had this many holes for the trim!? Oh well, it's practice on welding sheet metal!:D

My first car 62 impala. Bought it for $200, drove it to work for a year, sold it for $200. Learned how to shift a 3 on the tree. It was a solid car.

Latest posts

Back