Questions on sbc parts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

I ended up with an old sbc engine, it turns out to have a 69 307 short block, bored .125 to make it a 327, heads are double hump 300's, April 15, 1966 along with the intake, cast iron, and 4 bbl Carter carb. I was wondering if the heads are worth anything anymore? Engine ran good before it was taken out of a friends Dad's truck after he wrecked it, been stored over 30 years, engine turned over good and the carb isn't all locked up, I was pretty amazed at that. I thought about throwing rings and bearings in it and have the heads gone through but may just part it out.

Heads are good if you are trying to stay in a time period on a build. Otherwise, I’ve heard you can buy a set of cheap aluminum heads for about what it takes to upgrade an old set of iron heads and have better breathing as a side note.

People still buy the old heads, some because of the nostalgic part and the others that just don't know the cost of rebuilding them.
I would advertise them and see what happens.

I listed them for $350 and included is the intake and carb. Thought that sounded fair enough. That'll give me $50 to bargain with since $300 will buy them. Thanks

Latest posts

Back