Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with a good, heavy extension. Many, many moons ago, I ran my welder on an extension, some 60ft away from the electric clothes dryer receptacle in the house! (Necessity is the mother.)

Anyhow, I'm glad you have the big lung fired and running... high pressure, large volume... time to blow the dust off your Hutchins!

Nothing wrong with a good, heavy extension. Many, many moons ago, I ran my welder on an extension, some 60ft away from the electric clothes dryer receptacle in the house! (Necessity is the mother.)

Anyhow, I'm glad you have the big lung fired and running... high pressure, large volume... time to blow the dust off your Hutchins!

Indeed she is ,Dr.
I made this extension for my welder and it's about 30 Feet long as I remember.
I wasn't going to use it because I didn't think that it would get close enough to the compressor location. But I was out in the shop last night staring at my boat screw up and decided to uncoil it and see.. Got there with about 3 feet to spare.[cl
When I get around to actually running a wire I will need at least 60 feet plus a breaker, etc....
This way I've got $13 into it to get it running..:eek:
Torchie

My compressor and welder share an outlet with the window AC. Whichever I need, I have to unplug the AC to use it, so this time of year I have to limit their use time or the house starts getting hot.

I had a job I couldn’t get to the welder one time, so I took the welder to it. Used about 75’ of 10-3 wire, same as what you’d use to hard wire it, put plugs on the ends and had a heavy duty extension cord. The wire never knew it wasn’t fastened down in a wall somewhere.:D

My compressor and welder share an outlet with the window AC. Whichever I need, I have to unplug the AC to use it, so this time of year I have to limit their use time or the house starts getting hot.

I had a job I couldn’t get to the welder one time, so I took the welder to it. Used about 75’ of 10-3 wire, same as what you’d use to hard wire it, put plugs on the ends and had a heavy duty extension cord. The wire never knew it wasn’t fastened down in a wall somewhere.:D
We must be brothers. In a previous house, I wired a 220 outlet in the garage for the compressor/welder. It shared the fuses with the dryer. It worked fine as long as I only did one job at a time. When I acquired a live-in GF, the system didn't work as well. :eek:

That was going to be my fall back position if my welder cable didn't reach, Bama.
I figured I could put together a 50ft. 10/3 extension for about $100.
My local guy did come by today and gave me an estimate of $350 to run a wire from the panel over to the compressor with a plug box on the end of it.
That's not happening soon but he did confirm that a 10/3 wire would be plenty heavy given the motor stats.
At some point I will get this done(or do it myself) as I really don't like to have cables laying across the shop floor. I have a hard enough time staying upright as it is.:eek:[ddd

Right On, now no excuses [ddd
[P[P[P

Well. Mostly OI. I need to remake that new chine for the boat project first. I started on that today by ripping up my last 16'x12" wide plank.But I look forward to getting back to it.

We must be brothers. In a previous house, I wired a 220 outlet in the garage for the compressor/welder. It shared the fuses with the dryer. It worked fine as long as I only did one job at a time. When I acquired a live-in GF, the system didn't work as well. :eek:
We are all brothers from another mother, Skip.:D
Thanks for checking up on me.....
Torchie

Took care of a leak in the compressor and gave it a try with the old air board.
Works like it should now.:D
That was about 5 minutes worth of sanding.:eek: :cool:
Taking a break today as my hands are really sore from all the clamping on the boat project yesterday.
Tomorrow I go to find out if the Bone implant hearing aid will work for me.
Keep your fingers crossed, everyone.:)
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 28
we are (my wife is) doing drywall at the house, I tried to convince her a long hutchins air file would make her job easier. :p no dice though.

fingers crossed for your hearing buddy

Took care of a leak in the compressor and gave it a try with the old air board.
Works like it should now.:D
That was about 5 minutes worth of sanding.:eek: :cool:
Taking a break today as my hands are really sore from all the clamping on the boat project yesterday.
Tomorrow I go to find out if the Bone implant hearing aid will work for me.
Keep your fingers crossed, everyone.:)
Torchie

A friend is in the midst of getting one of those. He should be getting the final step in the process this week or next.

we are (my wife is) doing drywall at the house, I tried to convince her a long hutchins air file would make her job easier. :p no dice though.

fingers crossed for your hearing buddy

A friend is in the midst of getting one of those. He should be getting the final step in the process this week or next.

The BAHA is a no go for me.
As the DR put it. "Your hearing is bad, but not quite bad enough.":eek:
Conventional aids that have been recommended for me are between $4-5000 so that's not happening either.
Oh well. I guess you all will have to type in Capitals so I can hear what you are saying.:eek:[dr[ddd
Life goes on......
Torchie

The BAHA is a no go for me.
As the DR put it. "Your hearing is bad, but not quite bad enough.":eek:
Conventional aids that have been recommended for me are between $4-5000 so that's not happening either.
Oh well. I guess you all will have to type in Capitals so I can hear what you are saying.:eek:[dr[ddd
Life goes on......
Torchie

That's too bad. My dad went 20-some years with little hearing in the one ear, not wanting a hearing aid (partly because of cost and partly because he didn't want to have a visible hearing aid). When he finally got one a few years ago, he wished he had done it years sooner. Hopefully you can get something figured out for your hearing!

Sorry, I forgot to type that in all caps. :p

That's too bad. My dad went 20-some years with little hearing in the one ear, not wanting a hearing aid (partly because of cost and partly because he didn't want to have a visible hearing aid). When he finally got one a few years ago, he wished he had done it years sooner. Hopefully you can get something figured out for your hearing!

Sorry, I forgot to type that in all caps. :p

No worries, snopro.
Since the cataract surgery last winter"I hear better.":p [ddd
It's all about the money for me I'm sorry to say.
Anyways.....
Going to start to strip the Olds donor car on Saturday so I listed parts for sale on CL and FB market place.
Hopefully I will recoup some of my money on that.
Torchie

WHAT'D HE SAY ? I COULDN'T SEE HIS LIPS MOVE...[ddd;)

Having the same problem :( can't hear what you say unless I
can see your lips...my better half gets so mad:D:D she'll say
something walking through the house and repeat it a couple
times then come back and stand in front of me and say ..
did you not hear me ! NO.....couldn't see your lips.....

Can you try going through the V.A.? I'm headed that way soon, my wife is ****ed that I haven't done so already, she hears in only one ear and I hear about it often.:eek:
Good luck with it either way. [cl

Latest posts

Back