The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

:) Hi guys, haven't been around for a while, so I thought I would drop in and see how you all are. This past year, with the heart surgery, etc, has been VERY interesting. Health has been good, but I have some knee surgery coming up, nothing super serious, just old age catching up with me.

As for cars, I have not been doing anything at all. For some reason, I have lost any interest in working on them, or even driving them. I guess I just got a little burned out and needed a break. However, the past week I have been looking at my roadster pickup project, and my son Dan is welding in new cowl panels on it to replace the rusted out ones.

It is pretty close to being a car. The running gear is just about complete, and I have a custom made fuel tank being made for it right now. That should be done this week or so. I am down to body work and interior, and hope to make Daytona Turkey Run with this car in November.

So, that is about it, hope everyone on here is still healthy and well. My work schedule has slowed down because of Summer, so I will have more time now to work on my car and visit you guys. (but also less $$ :()

Take care, everyone.

Don

We've been waiting for the kidnappers to demand a ransom for you... glad you finally escaped! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Glad to hear from you Don! I had even looked at the non-kosher forum to see if you were posting there.

We all get burned out on various things sometimes. I'm glad you're getting the RPU closer to completion!

Random question: There was mention a bit ago that you and your sons get private security to watch your cars at Turkey Rod Run. Is that true, and if so does it seem to be reasonably priced? Just curious.

Don, Good to hear from you and great that you are a recovering car "burn out". The Turkey run is a good goal. Should be able to make it if you don't get wrapped up in too many minute details.
You are almost in my age bracket, where health issues become top priority. Glad to hear you are doing fine.
BTW, I'm Facebook friends with young Don so I can keep tabs on you that way when you disappear from your friends here.

Glad to hear from you Don! I had even looked at the non-kosher forum to see if you were posting there.

We all get burned out on various things sometimes. I'm glad you're getting the RPU closer to completion!

Random question: There was mention a bit ago that you and your sons get private security to watch your cars at Turkey Rod Run. Is that true, and if so does it seem to be reasonably priced? Just curious.

Haha, yeah, guys, for some reason , I just had zero interest in cars for a bit, but the urge is starting to come back. Part of it is that it is like 1,000 degrees in our shop during the Summer, and I sometimes walk in and go back home. This global warming may be controversial , but I swear it gets hotter and longer every year. :eek:

05nopro440, I sort of, kind of, remember something about security there, but we never did it. Last year, we drove our 3 Mustangs, so they were lockable and have alarms, so we really just parked them at night. The hotel parking is underground, and we have never had an issue there, so we will probably just check out insurance policies and park them as usual.

BTW, has anyone heard how Bill is doing ? It has been a while since I talked to him.

I'm happy to know you're alive and well! Your wisdom and advice is sorely missed, whether you're working on your cars or not...

Bill (Gastrick) has been here on and off. We haven't seen him for a while, but I believe he's recovering well and "back in the saddle", more or less...

I'm happy to know you're alive and well! Your wisdom and advice is sorely missed, whether you're working on your cars or not...

Bill (Gastrick) has been here on and off. We haven't seen him for a while, but I believe he's recovering well and "back in the saddle", more or less...

As for the "wisdom and advice", evidently you haven't talked to my ex wife !:eek::D But thanks anyway.

The last time I talked to Bill, probably 3 or 4 months ago, he was really making good progress. Hope that is still continuing.

Add me to the list.
Glad to hear from you.
My oldest is down in Orlando and has been talking about the heat as well.
Heat is really tough on the heart so stay cool. And stay Positive.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

So glad you're back my friend. I think about you from time to time and always hope that all is well with you and your sons.
As for the heat down here, I totally agree. Don't now if it's getting older or any climate thing, but either way, it sucks some days to even walk to the car.

Latest posts

Back