Mecum Auctions!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Watching Mecum auctions today & prices seem to be light! Never seen so many cars not make the reserve & a gorgeous red '65 427 Stingray only went for $78K! They used to bring over $100K not too long ago! :eek:

BoB

This stuff always runs in Cycles.
I think the market for "Investor" level cars is soft right now. Based on what I've seen for sale. How long they are on the market, and what they are really selling for.
JMHO.
Torchie

I also think people are putting too high reserve on things. I had some friends you to the car down there knowing it wouldn't sell because they had the reserve too high. They used it to do just for publicity to get the word out on the car and they figured they'd sell it before they even left

This stuff always runs in Cycles.
I think the market for "Investor" level cars is soft right now. Based on what I've seen for sale. How long they are on the market, and what they are really selling for.
JMHO.
Torchie

I also think people are putting too high reserve on things. I had some friends you to the car down there knowing it wouldn't sell because they had the reserve too high. They used it to do just for publicity to get the word out on the car and they figured they'd sell it before they even left

Definitely a combination of the two! :D

BoB

Latest posts

Back