Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like good news Torchie! Now, just figure out how to exercise AND get stuff done that you like to do....but have you ever heard a doctor NOT say that we need to exercise more??? LOL. I shouldn't make light of it....glad to hear that you checked out ok.

No worries, Bill.
I've been known to make a sarcastic remark or two.:eek: :rolleyes:
He's right about the exercise though. It does help me feel better. So back at it on Monday.

Right On [cl
Stress will make ya tired for sure. Gotta have stress relief :)

Stress has never really been an issue for me OI.
I think it's more that I'm bummed about the equipment failures and seeing not one, but two projects just sitting there. Working on changing that. Can't wait tp see you get at that new roadster.[P [P [P

I've heard playing with wood relieves stress... did I just say that out loud?

That's "Bawdy"talk there Doc...:eek:[ddd :D
Had this visitor in the shop yesterday . This is the car that I'm helping my buddy build a 301 for. It currently runs a pretty hot 327. We did some brake work and installed a new power steering pump and changed out the plugs.
Today I finished up the remodel of our other bathroom. Didn't replace the tub in this one.. Just a new higher toilet. New flooring and paint.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 21
I'm sure some of you have thought that I have given up on the Dodge.
Not by long shot:D
I've had this one in the works for a few weeks but didn't want to spill the beans for fear of jinksing the deal.:eek:
Got it delivered today.
87 Olds Cutlass. Good frame. Supposed 350 SBC transplant, and a back story on this engine (As usual).
Engine turns over as I did it by hand.
The track width on this is within a half inch of the stock 49 Dodge track width. The frame will need to be lengthened though.
I hope to get a better pair of eyes over here tomorrow to see the block casting numbers and get a definitive ID on the engine.
Thanks for stopping by....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-12.jpg
    2-12.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 2-14.jpg
    2-14.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 27
Great score! [cl[cl

That should be the same as the 85 Monte Carlo I got my engine and trans from. Triangulated 4-link in the back. Should be great. Mine was a 305-4V with a T200. Crossing fingers on the 350.

The guy I got it from said that when he bought it, the then owner told him he had swapped in an 350 and a TH 350 trans.
All has yet to be revealed......
Torchie

Cool beans![cl[cl[cl Ya got a frame, running gear, and maybe seats and steering column you can use! Plus all the wiring! I know you wanted to keep it all MoPar, but a donor like this it'd be crazy not to use as much of it as you can. Afterall, customs keep the hoods closed anyway! [ddd

Great score Torchie![cl[cl[cl

Thanks gang.:D
A cursory check of the block casting numbers shows that it may indeed be a 350 -4 bolt. Mexican cast, crate engine. If I read them right.
It is painted corporate blue and appears to be the OG color. So that would indicate that it is a 77-82/83 engine. Not a 87 that matches the car.
Thanks for the trans pan diagrams Doc.[cl That will be for when my buddy comes over and can get under the car.
You are right Bama. Lots of good usable stuff on this car. And I do keep my hood closed.:eek: [ddd
I bought the car for the frame. So if it runs that's a bonus.[cl
I've got to lay my hands on a side terminal battery and put the carb back on it and see what happens. It looks like it has a quadrajet carb that is sitting in a box in the front seat.
I've got $300 into this Cutlass and that included having it delivered to my door from an hour away so I don't think I did too bad.
I'll post any developments as they happen.
Thanks for checking up on me...
Torchie

Sounds like my wife, Dutch.
The car was delivered while she was gone. Upon seeing it her remark was. “ That just plain ugly,”
No love there....
Torchie

Thanks for the encouragement gang.:D
I haven't messed with the Olds any more other then to pull out the quadrajet carb that was in a box on the front seat floor and look it over.
This thing had a Eldebrock peformer on it at one time as I found the paperwork for that as well.
All I know is that this is the way the guy I got it from, got it.
Did a little boat work today, but we went from 64 degrees this morning to about 90 a few hours later.:eek:
Extremely high humidity that makes it hard for me to breathe and puts a real strain on the heart. So enough of that as well.
Hopefully moving forward tomorrow.....
Torchie

Latest posts

Back