post war style t bucket

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the parts are rolling in, clutch, brake parts, electrical, fuel system, and the only cool part to look at, the windshield just got done.
IMG_20150417_144901303_zpsyl5mr8uc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pretty much got the wiring done this weekend. 39 for tail lights
IMG_20150419_083255456_HDR_zpsjpj0b4iu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Headlights in.
IMG_20150419_122745593_zpsfntjzgrv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid32.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fd10%2Ftravis5111%2FMobile%2520Uploads%2F2015-04%2Ftemp_3_zpssfdxjn3x.mp4">

Spent a long time thinking about how to do headlights, decided on some SBC connecting rods.
IMG_20150419_122802060_zpsi6d4leak.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With everything going on up front, I wanted to find the smallest blinkers I could, hope a video will load.

And motor and trans back out, gotta try to make time to get the motor assembled this week. If all goes well, I should be firing it up next weekend. Found a great place to reline my stock clutch and provide a new throwout bearing, for lots cheaper than buying Chinese ones from a certain popular supplier.

Motor is almost ready to drop in. 49 8rt, bored, decked, crank ground, heads milled, custom adapter to run a Rochester 2 barrel. Gm one wire alternator, pertronix conversion, and a powermaster starter going on.
IMG_20150423_180251839_zpsrayinurf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150421_173749396_zpssruiytg2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Speed pro pistons, adjustable lifters, erson cam etc.

Just need a few more odds and ends, hoses and belts, then it'll be dropped in tomorrow and fired up.
IMG_20150424_103502816_zpsyroe4lf3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Custom fuel pump block plate, laser cut by a buddy of mine:
IMG_20150424_103615169_zpsfgwuv23s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Motors in, broken in, sounding pretty good. 50+psi oil pressure, staying cool on both heads, no leaks. Needs a little tuning on the carb and timing, but its close. Need to neaten up/hide some wiring, build the steering column and install a driveshaft. Getting close to driving.
IMG_20150425_195058729_zpscv23bwas.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20150425_195126931_zps9vwzjvhe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks everyone. Forgot to mention, I did the 95% oiling mods on it so the flatty would have an oil filter. Bought a couple of old 283's from a Chris craft and one had a cool brass remote oil filter housing so I cleaned that up for this. It was supposed to go on the firewall but we ran out of room, had to hide it down on the frame, that's what the blue hoses are. I tried to keep it pretty period correct for the right look, but went with AN fittings and push lock hose because its reliable and sturdy. I'll sacrifice a little of the look for dead reliable performance especially in the oiling system and cooling systems.
We kept it high because that's generally how they looked back then, so keeping with that it sits pretty high. A buddy of mine will be laser cutting some steps to hang off the frame with the old dodge brothers logo, to help in climbing in the car since the doors aren't functional. Lots of little details to wrap up and should be ready for the show(s) that were our goal.

First test drive today! Needs some fine tuning, something goofy with the flathead distrib, and Rochester carb combo on there, but I'll get it sorted out. Its not fast, but I didn't expect it to be. The fun/cool factor is what this ride was meant for, I have a pretty quick 37 and have built plenty of fast ones in the past.
Fine tuning, wiring cleanup next week, along with putting some miles on it before the show in two weeks. Hope my regular plates show up before then, no back window to hang the temp tag :)

Got a little time to tune today, running much better but not perfect yet (I'm a performance engine builder 9-5 so I might be picky). New seat is done and in, no good pictures though, but its Mexican blanket done in tuck and roll style.
I'll be at the rat rod magazine show with it and my 37 Chevy next weekend, anyone else going?

Made it to the car show yesterday, its first show, had a cash offer within an hour and it won rat rod magazine special recognition award. Sure drew lots of interest and questions, good time.
facebook_1431811537443_zps35fh0hw7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice going Plaintoast. I saw pics of your roadster at the Princton show. Sure wish i could have made it. Didn't want to go that far...What is the next show you're going to?

Latest posts

Back