Wood is good.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next time you guys hear of me volunteering to help someone out you have my permission to slap me.
According to my bro -in -laws wife he's too "Preoccupied" to think about getting the boat out of my shop.
Perhaps Skip was right after all. Tarp it and park it in the woods.
No good deed goes unpunished.:(
PO'd Torchie.
Sometimes being right doesn't make me any happier. I'm saddened to see this going down this way. No more jokes from this quarter on this subject. Back to the Dodge! [cl

Thanks all for being my anger management support group.
I will figure something out.
The Dodges are coming in the shop no matter what.
I’ll keep you all posted.
Torchie

wow... people really are amazing.... :mad:

I found myself in that exact same position on a regular basis... up to the point where I was in the shop, laying on my back fixing another pos car of a "friend" who was sitting on my porch entertaining my wife and drinking my beer. So, needless to say ,the broom went through the stash of "friends" and nowadays I don`t have a lot of those :rolleyes:

damn, I would be there within the hour after hearing that it was done to drool all over it... I take my hat off to an awesome job done [cl

I may need the good Doc to flip the pic.... :p

Attachments

• IMGP4192.jpg
    IMGP4192.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 23

I found myself in that exact same position on a regular basis... up to the point where I was in the shop, laying on my back fixing another pos car of a "friend" who was sitting on my porch entertaining my wife and drinking my beer. So, needless to say ,the broom went through the stash of "friends" and nowadays I don`t have a lot of those :rolleyes:

damn, I would be there within the hour after hearing that it was done to drool all over it... I take my hat off to an awesome job done [cl

beau chapeau :D (Most of the French I know, and I have never had an excuse to use it.)

Thanks all for being my anger management support group.
I will figure something out.
The Dodges are coming in the shop no matter what.
I’ll keep you all posted.
Torchie

We're here for ya Torchie!

beau chapeau :D (Most of the French I know, and I have never had an excuse to use it.)

All I know, are a few derogatory terms. :eek:

My own brother was a user and abuser. Cancer took him out at an early age (rest his soul) but there were times when I could have choked him to death myself. :mad:

One a much, much lighter note... your photo flipped.

:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• fp dutch flip.jpg
    fp dutch flip.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 32
I guess what really gets me is that I fore saw this coming and said as much to my sister in law last night.
I feel bad for her because she is caught in the middle through no fault of her own. She has been my go to through out this entire project as a way to communicate with the bro.
I'm going to give it a few days and see what shakes out.
For now I'm just plain exhausted...........
Torchie

Sorry things are off and the cats are gone. Could a 20ft container be rented for storage with relatives paying. If repo'd for non payment, its done. Time for rest.

Sorry things are off and the cats are gone. Could a 20ft container be rented for storage with relatives paying. If repo'd for non payment, its done. Time for rest.

Thanks Burgerman.
I looked at a monthly 20 foot storage unit yesterday which is what prompted the reply about being too busy.
They are really barely 18 feet long inside so that won't work.
It will have to be some sort of storage building or a real deal boat storage place.
One of those already turned me away as he didn't want to be " stuck" with a project boat if non payment became a issue.(Which it wouldn't.)
I've still got a few irons in the fire so we will see.
Torchie

I heard back from the bro. The boat is going to get tarped and parked for the winter. Time to move forward.....
Torchie
Sad to hear, but not surprising.

On the bright side, your work should be impervious to the weather. Tarp it well. The next owner will appreciate your efforts. [cl

Last message from the bro -in-law was that he was coming up for Thanksgiving to clean out a space at his moms to put the boat indoors for the winter.
Well, He came up and spent the weekend detailing his car.
So her she sits.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 2-11.jpg
    2-11.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 16
Lol. Tell me how you really feel. dutch.🙀
I’ve got it wrapped up with a peaked frame work on top the keep most of the snow off.
I believe it will be ok but not cool with the promises made or the lack of communication.
Oh well. It’s his boat.
Torchie

Latest posts

Back