'34 Dodge Brothers, double build.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flywheel dustpan is now on the motor and hammered a little straighter. I should have painted the starter a while ago, but I saved that job until it was mounted and a way harder to paint, so it's done now.
I smoothed the second valve cover out a bunch more, today and sprayed some primer on it.

Attachments

• IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 19
I got a call from one of my parts houses today, so I went to town and picked up my clutch master cylinder and the emergency brake band that I had sent away to get relined.
A friend is making a '51 Chev pick-up with a 292 I6 Chev and 11" clutch and he had a hard time finding an appropriate sized master cylinder for his clutch slave. He was asking me what I was doing for my hydraulic clutch, and I had to say I hadn't planned that far ahead, so I got scared. I went to town to do some research and lo and behold the partsguy said "It'll be here tomorrow". Tomorrow turned into today and I picked up my master cylinder.
I smoothed out my valve cover some more and made the steel loom for the spark plug wires. Here is the loom mounted and primed yet again.

Attachments

• IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Bill.
There are some little things done, primered and painted. Then I cleaned up, fixed up and primed the intake manifold.
The final valve cover is now painted.

Attachments

• IMG_3089.jpg
    IMG_3089.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3090.jpg
    IMG_3090.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 14
Old stuff, I probably didn't say what colour the truck would be, so don't beat yourself up over it. The valve covers will be the only shiny thing on the truck, I think. It will be 'old rust brown'.
PS. The gold colour is really nice when it's new, but it fades to mustard quickly. :eek::eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 19
Old stuff, I probably didn't say what colour the truck would be, so don't beat yourself up over it. The valve covers will be the only shiny thing on the truck, I think. It will be 'old rust brown'.
PS. The gold colour is really nice when it's new, but it fades to mustard quickly. :eek::eek:

Good to hear- the patina couldn't look any better. I still think the pic of it in the snow is a top 10 Rat Rod Christmas card. [dr [cl

And hey- a slow fade to mustard? The epic drive-in hamburger wouldn't be what it is if not for mustard! (and I just still see gold) :D [cl[cl

Awesome ride Mac.

Anyhow I've been making my mock sparkplug wires. The rubber bases are lathed out of old crusher belting, and then threaded with wire, and siliconed to the valve covers. The big nuts in the picture are weights to keep the rubber plugs tight to the cover and to keep them from moving until they dry. The silicone is very slippery until it cures some.
The intake manifold is painted now.

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3091.jpg
    IMG_3091.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3093.jpg
    IMG_3093.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 16
The time and efford you put into creating a bunch of smiles..! [cl
If everyone would do something like that the world would be a different place :)

Latest posts

Back