Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I have come accustomed to the Tennessee seasons. We usually get a dusting here, maybe a few inches here or there. And then it all melts away. I did enjoy the sunshine today. It was around 65 today I think. That's as warm as it needs to get though. Soon will come the humidity, mesquitos, allergies.:mad: That's when I start wanting to go to the snow covered regions. It was a good day to go to Pull-a-Part. I didn't come away with much. Some kickdown linkage for the passing gear on my C6. Not sure if it will even work. :confused: I was really needing a slip yoke and drive shaft for it. All the driveshafts were bent to hell though, cause they move the cars with a fork lift.:mad: I swear every time I work on this D&%# truck lately I say I'm gonna just sell it and buy something else. Any offers?[P

That's the downfall of the upper midwest. The winter's are virtually unbearable and the summers are loaded with allergens, (perhaps a little less) humidity and the Minnesota mosquitos can pick you up and haul you away! I had the chance to take a job in Siler City, NC a couple years ago...should've jumped on it. "They" say that the coldest winters are offset by record heat in the summer. We'll see.

Hey bob w, what's the deal with the air up there? I saw on the news last night that a bunch of MN cities including the twin cities had pollution warnings?!?

That's the downfall of the upper midwest. The winter's are virtually unbearable and the summers are loaded with allergens, (perhaps a little less) humidity and the Minnesota mosquitos can pick you up and haul you away! I had the chance to take a job in Siler City, NC a couple years ago...should've jumped on it. "They" say that the coldest winters are offset by record heat in the summer. We'll see.

Hey bob w, what's the deal with the air up there? I saw on the news last night that a bunch of MN cities including the twin cities had pollution warnings?!?

I always heard the Minnesota State Bird was the Mosquito! [S Sounds like there's some truth to it! :D

T1

Driving around the Base today and found this!!
I think its an old Plymouth Staff car. :D
I think that other thing is some kind of hot air ballon or something?? ;) Right after I took these picture 2 guys with M16s started chasing me! Go figure?

fatbo.jpg

Alaska can have the Mosquito for their state bird! In the Metro area the Mosquito Control people have done a great job. I can sit on the front porch all summer and hardly ever be bothered.

As for air polution, if there is one particle of soot in the air, we get a warning.

The snow is melting so fast I was able to get the '38 Dodge truck out of the back garage today.[cl

DMW, that staff car needs some rubber and the torpedo should go to Jenny Craig, unless it's going to have babies.:eek:

The staff car looks really cool! Makes you wonder why it's still there??? As for that giant military easter egg, it looks like something left over from the cold war days!

Thunder

That is one of the original Fat Man Atomic bombs. It's not armed really! That and the car are in the storage yard on base for the new National Museum of Nuclear Science & History in Albuquerque which is just outside the Kirtland Air Force Base.

A couple years ago I got to disassemble and decontaminate one of the 12 original Little Boy atomic bombs.

Last edited:
I thought so! [cl I changed my reply from saying something about Fat Man & Little Boy to something else.

I know my bombs! Afterall, I'm slowly gathering parts for the "Boneyard Bomb" now. :D

Thunder

O boy I can see it now! A Fat Boy Atomic Rat Rod! [;) Fenderless, suicide front, wide whites, Big Block Chevy and Flames!!!

Stop it Don!!! There you go filling my head with crazy ideas again!!!! [dr A large hand painted version of my Avatar would look great on the doors don't you think?? :D[cl

Thunder

just bored and typing

well this is the BS thread so i am going to ues it some of you know that i had my knee surgery in january so now i just sit around and cant do much (doctors orders) i am back to walking but for the most part i just clean the house and stuff like that it keeps the wif off my back but not having much to do realy stinks cause now i cant sleep at night because i dont have much to where me out throughout the day kind of like that stix song i have too much time on my hands i know some people wished that they had just a little more spare time (and look at this guy whinning) i would shurly give you some if i could looky there its after 1 and still not tired yet man am i glad that i am going back to work soon i think i am going to die of borddome soon the worst part is without work i cant afford to work on the car so we bolth have been setting around collecting dust dont get me wrong i am not whining just bored and typing away ok i am done

Latest posts

Back