1934 Ford 5 Window Coupe Traditional Hot Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
Well today I went back to see the lady I had meet last week that wants me to sell her late husband's cars. I got some more photos and info on the cars. I also told her the 34 Ford is sold! I'm buying it. I am so excited this is like my dream Hot Rod in the Barn story come true!

The body is in excellant condition. The paint is cracking and peeling on both side of the rear window.
127.jpg

130.jpg

The grille and fenders are in excellant shape.
112.jpg

The frontend has unsplit wishbones, 40 hydraulic drum brakes and tube shocks
128.jpg

Last edited:
I was told the engine and transmission are out of a 39 Ford. It has been rebuilt and is ready to run. I'm still up in the air about keeping it or running a more modern small block.

088.jpg

089.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

Last edited:
What a score! That one never sat outside and rotted. I believe the flatheads with the water pumps on the head were from 1932 through 1936. But you'll learn all that as you research about your new jewel.

looks great I would run the flat head you can always go small block later. With a good clean up and going over you have the timeless hot rod every real rodder dreams of. No matter the type of rodder you are that is a jewel.

Glad to see you get the pick of the litter.[cl Hope you can find good homes for the rest and help that nice lady out.Keep us posted.

DMW,
I'm not sure I can like you anymore... just kiddin' but it's gonna take me a while to get over it!!! That's an incredible find & I would probably pass out if I found a '34 in that kinda shape. I would do *whatever* it takes to get that in my possession B4 anyone else caught a glimpse... you are truly a LUCKY DOG!!! I would try to get the flattie started B4 I slipped a BB in! [ddd

BoB <----- jealous!!!

WOW sir, that is a helluva find. I'd leave the flattie in if possible. Of course it won't be real fast and maybe a little cantankerous but doesn't get much cooler!

Congrats, looking forward to more pics on this one....

DMW,
I'm not sure I can like you anymore...
BoB <----- jealous!!!

I'm with Jealous Bob, I'm not sure I can like you anymore...:D

Is that fur on the dash? That's the one thing I would change - at least on the gauge panel - needs a nicely carved piece of wood.

Unbelievable!!!!

Latest posts

Back