193? Chevy Roadster Pick Up

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mac i'm going to get back at it soon hoping to drive it soon at least around the block and i to really like roadster pickup wished we had better weather around here so i could drive it year round

Still at it

Well I'm still at it. Got the cab back on the chassis and it runs, moves and stops. It was a blast to drive around the block. I'm working on the grill shell and wiring now. I will try to be better with the updates, but my wife is expecting a baby soon, and lost my job at the body shop. But the good news is that I got a new job building race cars at pathfinder chassis.

I have looked at the whole build and concerning the patina/lettering. On "Trucks" tv they just did the lettering on the side of a old chevy trk which they had done fake patina to in an earlier show this season. Adding more layers of different colors give the allusion of many repaints after sanding thru the layers. Check their show, was on Spike today I think or on Speed.
But with the work and craftsmanship that you've done. I couldn't help thinking what was he doing on this forum. I love all styles and kinds of cars, I just thought your build was "Custom". Thanks John T.[cl

Thanks john i have watched that show and really liked itwish i could upload current photos but my pc is actin stupid thanks for the kind words it always feels good to hear when your doin a good job>

Hey, if you can build race car chassis you can get that 'puter to upload pics. This is one of my favorite builds so I am anxious to see your progress.

Congratulations on the new job. What kind of race cars are built at Pathfinder?

finally back

well it has been awhile since my last post but now that the racing season has began i have a little more time .So last sat. i went to torque fest and had a blast but i had a problem i didnt have my truck done so im am chompin at the bit to finish it so stay tuned i will post pics as soon as i get moving

Finally back at it

Hey guys,Back at it....side tracked with another project. Little wagon project for my 1 yr old little boy, Boyer. I will also post some pictures of the other projects i've been doing....think I finally figured out why I couldn't get them on here, sorry been so long. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Attachments

• Boyers Wagon 001.JPG
    Boyers Wagon 001.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Boyers Wagon 004.JPG
    Boyers Wagon 004.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 29
  • Boyers Wagon 005.JPG
    Boyers Wagon 005.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Boyers Wagon 007.JPG
    Boyers Wagon 007.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Boyers Wagon 008.JPG
    Boyers Wagon 008.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 27
You guys and your wagon projects are killin me..:D My little guy is 13 months old and needs me to build him a cool wagon and a gasser pedal car stroller and..and..haha

Seriously, nice work on the wagon, he will be the coolest kid on the block..

Tim

Blowing the dust off

Hey guys i know i havent posted much for awhile but i have pulled the cover off and blew the dust off . Now standing here scratching my head on where to start . So i started by epoxy priming the bottom of box i know its not the most fun part of the build but needed to be done . Sure hpoe to here from you guys i need the motivation to keep me going and push through the little busy work that always seem to take me forever.[S

Attachments

• DSCN2081.JPG
    DSCN2081.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN2082.JPG
    DSCN2082.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN2083.jpg
    DSCN2083.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2084.jpg
    DSCN2084.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN2087.jpg
    DSCN2087.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN2091.jpg
    DSCN2091.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN2095.jpg
    DSCN2095.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN2098.jpg
    DSCN2098.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2099.jpg
    DSCN2099.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN2094.jpg
    DSCN2094.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 66
MOTIVATION!!! Are you kidding me, You are building one of the coolest Rods going. If you can stay with it you will be finished in no time. The proportions are perfect!

I found this build a while back and forgot to subscribe. I searched all kinds of ways to find it again with no luck until you posted your update.

You have the proportions dead on and the quality of this build is bar none top notch. Please keep it going as my son and I need motivation as well!

Subscribing now so I don't loose it again.

Just caught this build. Yours is the only car I have ever seen to use wide 5 hubs besides mine. I thought I had the only spindles in the world to mount w5's on a straight axle. LOL. I did it just about the same way you did. Just instead of buying coleman adapters, I cut the snouts off the LM spindles and made .5" plate washers where the bearings ride on the 49 chev spindles.Slid them on and welded them at the seal surface. I also used a Frankland QC. Mine is a27 T roadster. Ther is a recent build thread on it. Your RPU looks great.I love the race car flavor.

hey old racer22 yeah the spindles were a fun project because you cant just call up speedway and order them ya gotta make them. I checked out your thread the other night and was a little jealous that you were workin on your car and i was'nt so you lit me up a bit lol. your car looks fun keep up the good work.

Good work on your build. Keep the patina and do some door signs and pinstripes IMO. Ya can look at my junk on P-bucket, think'n bout remov'n the top from the ole ford.

Latest posts

Back