Well I guess it's started

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the delay....

Progress!! Looking good and I attached a pic of the go through ratchet set, i love it, you can also get a set with a smaller and larger ratchet, I think mine is Kobalt.... it's my favorite set.

Attachments

• image_14243.jpg
    image_14243.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 22
I work in a glass plant. I feel your pain. Best tip I have heard for cutting laminated glass.... Score and snap one layer at a time. Score it snap one side. Put lighter fluid on the snapped line and light it to burn the laminate. Then snap the other side.

I've been told that new glass is less prone to cracking than old. Also, I've thought maybe making a support out of expandable foam might allow for easier consistent scoring.

How much is new glass gonna cost ya?

It's the challenge that's fun [S
The first thing I figured out is us a straight edge and make sure the two sides line up real close. I use a propane torch to melt the lam.
New is about the only way, I could never get an old glued in glass out without breaking the hell out of it :eek:
I bought the first one off e-bay, $130, not bad I'm thinking, when I picked it up I ask if I could buy from them, PWG autoglass, they gave me the #, I ordered another one today $41.17 from the factory, much better deal. I'll let you know how it turns out. I think they have shops all over the county[S
We'll try again next Monday but now I have a pattern.
Stay tuned
Also I think I've got the bag leaks stopped, it's be holding since 3 this afternoon[P

Good deal on the bags! For $50 you can go through a couple windsheilds and not get hurt to bad, but hopefully the next one doesn't crack on ya.

Just finished looking over the entire thread. Your El-C is one wicked ride. Family projects rock. Wish I lived closer to my son, so I could work with him on his 68 Camaro. I'll be watching for further updates [P[P[P

Also I think I've got the bag leaks stopped, it's be holding since 3 this afternoon[P[/QUOTE]

So what did you find on your loss of air pressure?
You can't just leave us hanging.
Glad you got figured out. Air bag systems can be a pain sometimes.

Correction

It's PGW not PWG, Pittsburgh Glass Works, you can find them at pgwglass.com
And yes my second glass was $41.17 [cl If you need glass it might be worth looking into [S
IRP, found leaks at the gauges, all four. Disassemble new sealant and reassemble.
The tank was empty this morning and one bag was a bit low,:( so i'll keep looking. Yeh
Riverrat, I hear you. our first build was her first car, 70 Camaro started when you was 14.
C-ya on the radio

Latest posts

Back