Bug to Butterfly

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, now that I got all the holes plugged in the bug's dashboard its time to start making new ones ... definitely have to hold my breath doing this since there is pretty much no room for error. Anyway, I got my touch screen bluetooth radio installed with "hands free" support for my phone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 52
Now you're going all tech-y on us. You must be planning on driving this or something. :cool:[cl[cl
Looks good!

Thanks Pops.

This is the gauge panel I ordered (but with the metric speedometer). Hope I'm not making a big mistake but it comes with all the speed, temp and oil pressure senders, odometer, turn signal and high beam indicators and a "lifetime warranty". Plus I think they look pretty cool once installed.

attachment.php

Attachments

• gauge panel.jpg
    gauge panel.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 35
Hmmm? - LED tail lights and bench testing the radio. To my tin ear it sounds pretty good!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 27
The gauge panel finally arrived, appears to work, and they sent the right one! It also comes with all the required senders including the pulse generator for the speedo. Don't know if the temp gauge reads C or F but don't really care. Also included are pics of the headlights I'll be using. DOT approved. The halo ring doubles as daytime running light and amber turn signal. Fancy! Now just to get it all mounted. On to the next step of the bug build!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2388.jpg
    IMG_2388.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 31
That will look good in the Butterfly.

Are you guys going to be able to leave the country? Drag racing in the lower 48, you know.

That will look good in the Butterfly.

Are you guys going to be able to leave the country? Drag racing in the lower 48, you know.

I keep hoping the border will open but it doesn’t look to good for this year. I get my first shot of the vaccine this weekend so maybe that will help at some point. Itching to try out Sheets with the new blower!

That ought to work!!! I like the simple look and tells you what you need to know at a glance.
What's the plan for a fuel gauge?
[cl[P:cool::cool:

Latest posts

Back