New Old Guy Washington State

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopperDave

Hi Guys, My name is Chopper Dave.

I live in the Yakima Valley of Washington State. (the dry part) Been a Hot Rodder and Harley guy since the late 60's and have built a few cars & bikes.

I recently (Jan 2010) bought a Herman's Fast Glass body. This is my new project a nineteensomething Chevrolet Series D or 490 "T" Bucket style Roadster... It will be very low as you can see from my inspiration picture, Blown Big Block Chev instead of the 426 Hemi and a soft top instead of the fiberglass fliptop that Scott made. Airbags so it will lay frame rail.
Pics here: at the bottom

http://www.myrideisme.com/Garage/ChopperDave

Some Pics of my Projects

VintageTin091.jpg

VintageTin093.jpg

Montage.jpg

I like the trucks. Welcome to RRR.

Thanks Don, Yeah I had to save them from being crushed, free for hauling them off the guys property. The 37&38 came with titles, Farm trucks driven to their resting place and abandoned some 30 years ago. The cabs are the same as a 1/2 ton PU... Plan is to use the cabs, hoods, and grilles. The rest go to the restorer guys or whoever wants them. I plan to do one as a Cummins powered fenderless dually and the other as a 392 hemi powered Chop'd n Channeled Rod (both Rats). The two mid forties cabs, doors, hoods, beds etc. and the half dozen Hupmobile cowls I just grabbed so they wouldn't get scrapped...
VintageTin092.jpg

37Dodge004.jpg

38Dodge008.jpg

37Dodge011.jpg

Hup Cowls
38Dodge005.jpg

Latest posts

Back