Hey everyone! Another New Guy here...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docsholiday

This looks like just the place I need to be!
I'm 62 years young. I've done a bit of everything. My first car was bought in 1967 and was a '35 Plymouth Coupe and right now I'm working on a '56 GMC Shortbed, stepside pick-up with the small back window.
I absolutely love the Rat. I used to spend YEARS building a car...and the $$$$ I would spend. Crazy. This is definitely for me!

I live out on the Olympic Peninsula, West of Seattle, Washington. Rain country. I love that too. We don't Tan out here, we RUST!

My focus with this project is to make a consistent 1/4 miler for the brand spankin new track that is being built about 14 miles from my house here outside of Shelton, WA. And, they sell Low Lead 100 Fuel at the airport right across the road...sweeeet.

I've got a '69 Hi performance built 396 block, .060" over, Oval Port heads from '68. A Lunati flat tappet cam, Edelbrock 750, Fenderwell headers, a built TH350, a built 12 bolt Truck Diff. w a posi and 3.73:1 gears using a later Eldorado rear disc brake w/integral E-brake out back and a welded up 1980 Camaro front clip, full IFS out front.
I've set up a pair of adjustable ladder bars for traction.

I'm in the process of swapping out the dizzy right now...
I've got an aftermarket HEI w/adjustable vac. adv., a performance module and coil. The stock HEI ran out of steam at about 4500 RPM's and this one is supposed to do better. We'll see
Friends call me 'Doc'. I was a Corpsman for the Marines out of Camp LeJeune in '72-'76 and that was my nickname given me by the Jarheads!
I'm also a retired patch wearing biker and that was my road name for years too.

Lookin forward to participating on site here and hopefully gettin some help too
later

Last edited:
I've tried to send pictures with no luck.....I don't plan on 'prospecting' till I get the privilege to post pics!!! What's the deal huh??
later

Pictures are more than likely too large, and need to be reduced a little. Or use an outside source, like Photobucket.

There is a sticky under the Problems section with much more info.

welcome

howdy from just over the little hill we call rock candy:D

yep, gotta have pics,,,

are you going to the coming out party in T9O april 28th? good free show, just bring food for the entry fee.

Later :cool:

I've looked at this Forums' Calendar....it makes no sense to me at all???
I'm not familiar with the Coming Out Party T90. I'm always up for something new. Shoot me some info would ya? Thanks
later

Latest posts

Back