A new dude with a crazyass rat ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny rotten

Whats up guys. Im from salem Mi and been racing for years. Over the years Ive had a few crashes and all the parts I had left over I thought Id use one day, well the day is here. I went off on a limb to build "not the norm" as many here are and this is what I came up with. It will see the road this summer and ought to capture aattention.
Ots a 37 coupe with a blown BBc and powerglide.
IMG_0426_zps2bee1cbf.jpg

IMG_0417_zps56f63ef4.jpg

Would like to lear your opinoon.....good or bad.
Thanks guys........John

AHH HAAA, finaily some guys understanding the idea. Ive gotten alot of smack over this project but I am more into this build than any others Ive done.
Ill post the build thread, what there is of it , a coupla pictures at a time as i dont have a scrapbook to speak of.
Sam, on the hoist is my gasser, 1963 chevy II. I run with the great lakes gasser asso and have a riot with it. I built this car 4 years ago and have had nothin but fun. Its a BBc with old school crower fuel injection with a 4 speed. Most everything on the car is old school as club rules out "new" stuff.....thats how i like to race
a few build and a chevII shot commin up :
Gasser20Nats_2011_sat2012511.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Ill shoot more if wanted.
I raced at the meltdown drags this past summer and after racin hours i got a guy to give me my first rat rod ride......man, that was cool as hell. Thats the turn point where i knew i had to have one.........

Dirty Rat....where you at in mi?? Their havin the bhllitproof show at milan dragway 2nd week of april, are you going?? Ill be there with the nova racing with the club.........Love to see that avaitor there, that looks real badass

Dirty Rat....where you at in mi?? Their havin the bhllitproof show at milan dragway 2nd week of april, are you going?? Ill be there with the nova racing with the club.........Love to see that avaitor there, that looks real badass

I'm in Shelby, I'm planning on being there, without the rat, but I'll try to find you with the bright orange Nova, shouldn't be too hard to spot you.

I have a soft spot for novas, my first car was a 67 Nova...

Defently stop by our camp and intro yourself......bring that ol hot rod out there if you can

Well the 67 I sold long ago... :(

And I'm way to far from being done to plan on Billetproof this year anyway... :(

What will you be driving this year? I think I read in your other thread that you sold your Orange Nova? :confused:

Hey Sarg, Id be dissapointed if you didnt stop by and say Hi........door is open to any of you guys planning on the bullitproof, Its gonna be a great time with the show and the race on the same card......Ill be there the nite before and camp out.......party time you know.
Dirtyrat, no I didnt sell that ol heap. I dont belive I could part with the ol girl
a few more build shots
IMG_0285.jpg

My dog and rod
IMG_0256.jpg

Close door before take off rule not in effect here
Gasser20Nats_2011_sat2013311.jpg

Latest posts

Back