Family project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WIZEGUY

Our resident wisecat
On the alley fence meowing, somewhere in TN.
I posted this on KB.
This is a 29 A that my son and myself are going to do together.
We are going to do our own thing. Not really rat, not really hot rod.
Pie crust tires, magnesium wheels, custom chassis, etc.
I'll give more details as the build goes.

Tracy

Attachments

• 100_0975.JPG
    100_0975.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_0976.JPG
    100_0976.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_0978.JPG
    100_0978.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 63
I've said before, but the stance you have on that mock up looks killer. And by the way, if those are Radir cheaters, and that's what you are using on the final version, I have plenty of miles on mine and they perform well. I have driven them in very hard rain in a very light car with no problems. But I did have an extra pair of grooves cut into them before delivery.

small update

We got the slicks changed over to the rear magnesiums. The front American magnesium, spindle mounts came in. (That's my son holding up the fronts).

We are going to change out the front tires, (to small).
I'm really starting to get the look I'm going for now. Sort of the "barn find" 50's/60's ratty race car. Give me your thoughts.........

Tracy

Attachments

• 100_1013.JPG
    100_1013.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 48
I'm really starting to get the look I'm going for now. Sort of the "barn find" 50's/60's ratty race car. Give me your thoughts.........

Tracy

Oh Yea, That's the perfect car for that look and you're doing a nice job of it. Are you going to add some faded race lettering to it? Those magnesium rear wheels sure made a huge difference in the look of the car. I'm starting to get all excited here.

60's funny car style torsion bar and hairpins in the front with a 60's funny car style axle. Maybe friction shocks.
Rear is going to be a custom three link set up I designed a few months ago.
I'm still out on coilovers or air bags on the rear. We're going to mini-tub the body and have only half of the rear wheel/tire combo sticking out. So the rear wheel opening is going to be about 1" above the tire.
I would sort of like to set the body down 3/4" when we're sitting in our lawn chairs watching the other cars go by......lmao. This car is going to have a very narrow track width. The front frame horns are only going to be 17" outside to outside.

Our goal on this car is to make it look like it doesn't have enough parts on it to make it run or move. But be able to drive anywhere we want, and be safe.

Tracy

Oh Yea, That's the perfect car for that look and you're doing a nice job of it. Are you going to add some faded race lettering to it? Those magnesium rear wheels sure made a huge difference in the look of the car. I'm starting to get all excited here.

Thanks....
I've thought about the lettering on the door. But not decided yet.
Any suggestions?

Tracy

Thanks....
I've thought about the lettering on the door. But not decided yet.
Any suggestions?

Tracy

Well since you asked, I do have an idea although my thoughts on these matters seem to lean toward the understated. I would like something along the lines of the style of lettering on the car pictured below. Painted right over the rust with very thin paint. To me, this car just screams early race car, simple but effective, and something that a practical racer would have applied. If you are contemplating some lettering, you might want to take a look around over at www.gassermadness.com. Plenty of examples on that site. I study the pictures there on a regular basis, as I have a thing for early drag race cars. Ironically, I had just posted this pic over in the foto section earlier tonight.

For Gastric

We are still playing around with the proportions.
The car is at 106" wheel base in the pictures.
Wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm thinking the engine may need to come down another 1".

How 'bout that injection Gastric?
What do you think?
We are going to convert it to E.F.I.

Attachments

• 100_1049.JPG
    100_1049.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1052.JPG
    100_1052.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_1050.JPG
    100_1050.JPG