What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like to think I know a few things but.....

Older, wiser and still building tells me you know a lot. Thanks maybe someday I will have a real car to show on here.

some might disagree!! LOL.... guess what...someday I hope to show mine too.... :D my target dates have come and go several times....lifes little priorities....:( But seriously the truck looks good.....I like the roll bars out the metal instead of the out the back glass....not the norm and that's good...

I never liked the look of a plexi-glass back window in a truck plus it keeps the halo high so you don't beat your helmet against it. These interior pics are a little better. And yes all the wires are hanging so I can see if any rats have been chewing them.

Attachments

• truck 025.jpg
    truck 025.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 23
  • truck 024.jpg
    truck 024.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 22
Did you think we would comment about the wires???

I never liked the look of a plexi-glass back window in a truck plus it keeps the halo high so you don't beat your helmet against it. These interior pics are a little better. And yes all the wires are hanging so I can see if any rats have been chewing them.

Yeah.....a real rats nest...LOL all kidding aside...doesn't look like you're missing much to finish this......what else ya got to do other than the paint and tidy up things??

All I need is the money to finish the engine. I bought all new moldings and trim years ago when it was street driven. The 454 I bought recently turned out to be really dirty inside and the crank was scored. Had it turned to get it cleaned up and replaced all the bearings and rings. Now I just need a cam, lifters and a water pump. The transmission is still there, a built th400, torque converter is still there, rear end is good and i still have headers and mufflers if you can call 5" Flowmasters mufflers. The really good part is I got a call today to start a new job after being under employed for the last 2 1/2 years. The $$$$$ part should be good.

Wow......that's excellent!! The job I mean....

Man, 2 1/2 years is unimaginable..... but the new job is great....sounds like you've got it pretty much planned out....like you said, (and we all know)..money is the key....unless you can barter like those clowns on t.v...lol
Anyway...good luck with the new job....hopefully things will start looking up!![cl

RaceReady001.jpg

Loaded the dragster on the trailer for Saturday Test and Tune. First time out in 2 years. New engine, trans and carb setup. This was the first time it was on the trailer. It high centered and wouldn't go on because I had lowered the front of the dragster 3" after I built the trailer. After a few mods it was loaded and tied down.
I had this nagging guilty feeling all Friday as I was loading everything. So at the last minute I changed my mind and stayed home to help my son dig his Plymouth out of storage and get it running as the buyer is anxiously waiting for it.

Great looking engine, Rusty.

Nice work on the '55, Bill.

Not much progress on the rat, but had to do rear brakes on the daily driver... seems it chewed up a pad completely, so yesterday after work, pulled it all apart, cleaned up all the threads on all the bolts, regreased the slider pins, painted the new rotor hats to keep them looking better for a little longer, and stuffed it all back together... fun fun. Not really fun when you HAVE to work on something, but it needed to be done.

We hit a birthday party for my cousin, and didn't get home til after 1am, what a crazy busy long week... I think today might be takin' it easy day...

nothing car wise, it was mine and the wifes 28th anniversary (8/24), so i spent the day with her. now we may be going to mobile to get the grandaughter, we are waiting on the school to say the word.

Small world mine and my wifes 27th Anniversary on 8/24 but i didnt take her out instead we poured 10 yards of concrete in my shop
Happy Anniversary[cl

Small world mine and my wifes 27th Anniversary on 8/24 but i didnt take her out instead we poured 10 yards of concrete in my shop
Happy Anniversary[cl

happy anniversary to y'all too

what part of texas you in? i was born in houston and spent my teens in new caney. i have been in alabama for 27 years now.

Were in Temple Tx. between Waco And Austin been here all my life only moved once in the last 30 years and that was from one side of town to the other 18 years ago. got my shop just the way i like it know so i believe ill stay.:cool:

Yard001.jpg

Drag raced on Saturday. Rain. Two poor runs. More rain. Lots of fun though visiting with friends and looking at cars.

Yard003.jpg

Went to the junkyard Sunday. Picked up all this worthless crap. Stocking up for the long winter build season.

Latest posts

Back