What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, we are going to have to suspend you for a while because you have too many cool cars and too many junkyards near you that have neat stuff. :p All the junkyards down here have are Astrovans and Hondas. :(

That Crosley is just so bad.:D

Don

Well I went from this..
100_0883.jpg

To this
Farmington-20120826-00228.jpg

To this
Farmington-20120826-00229.jpg

But a good friend is building the 700R4 so I'll have a good transmission tomorrow.

Nothing to do with cars or bikes. My daughter got married this weekend.

Attachments

• laura wedding 4A.jpg
    laura wedding 4A.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 23
  • laura wewdding.jpg
    laura wewdding.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 21
still will be working into the night but this weekend so far:
Chrome trim removed, sanding commencing, brake lines, u-joints and new leaf springs ordered. Steering wheel removed, sanded and epoxied, 4 new wheels sitting in the garage, will probably throw them on when we put on the brake lines. New Carb is at the warehouse, should be delivered this week.

Fixed a buddys break line changed the surpentine belt on youngest daughters rice burner (need smaller hands) and took the old girl out for a ride lazy weekend for me

Started filling holes left behind after removing hood ornament and trunk trim on 55 coupe.
Made room for the impending arrival of 50 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe.

Closed the pool....should have been done two weeks ago..

Still can't move well with this knee... took forever to get the pool ready to cover...both boys working so no help there until they got home and came over....was 9:30pm Saturday night before the cover was on.....me, I'm so sore even today that I can't move well...Then the grandson came over on Sunday after church, wanted to work on his S-10 that we are doing...my legs started cramping up.... man it's taking forever for this knee to stop aching...I'm done bit--ing....

Happy Friday all!!!!! Wanted to start the weekend tread a little early with my plans. Working till 3 tomorrow but snagged some aluminium bricketts from work (we use them as reducer in the furnace ) going to take em home and hit them with some flt blk and set them in the bbq grill then when baby girls boyfriend starts bugging me to cook out like every weekend I will tell him to light the grill and come get me when its done this should give me a extra hour in the shop lol I will cook for them eventually I promise just can't resist a good practical joke[ddd

Happy Friday all!!!!! Wanted to start the weekend tread a little early with my plans. Working till 3 tomorrow but snagged some aluminium bricketts from work (we use them as reducer in the furnace ) going to take em home and hit them with some flt blk and set them in the bbq grill then when baby girls boyfriend starts bugging me to cook out like every weekend I will tell him to light the grill and come get me when its done this should give me a extra hour in the shop lol I will cook for them eventually I promise just can't resist a good practical joke[ddd

thats funny stuff!! I love it

Spent the day cleaning and orginizing the shed so I can slide the datsun in there. Chevelle wouldn't start so it got pushed back, sold the old rider and push mowers, bought a new to me rider that needs a belt, cut down some trees, found out 25 bags of pellets I just bought had a hole in the bag from the factory and now have moisture in them (junk), the boy went and exchanged them for new (good company. no questions asked) and now I am at work for the saturday night. Last night the wife went out with the girls for her B-Day and tomorrow we go on a bike ride for a local Cancer Center (Niece has cancer. found when she was 2. now 3 1/2 and clear)[cl

Helped my father load up the tractor he sold today, so that is good, more room for him in his pole barn.

Took a ride with my daughter and parents in the row boat...

Snagged back my heavy duty extension cord I use for my welder as well....

Went to Amherst swap meet and did some wifey Christmas shopping she is going to love the old stuff I got her.
Old metal cooler still has the sandwich tray, picked up an old marble game which she collects then stopped at a antique market and picked her up some old kitchen containers which we collect as well.
I was shocked I didn't buy anything for myself[S
But I will be buying some speedway stuff soon for my 46 build[dr

I took a short trip to a town called Warm Springs. It is in Georgia and was the one time home of Franklin D. Roosevelt. The old part of down town has a few tourist spots to check out. One of them is a museum with a lot of early American motorcycles. The same guy owned another museum with mostly Triumph and BSA motorcycles that were restored better than new. Besides motorcycles he has a wax museum that has a late 20's Rolls Royce that looks to be perfect. Sorry about not having pictures but I did not expect to find such treasures in this small town.I will return.

Also went to the Renaissance Festival with my daughter and girlfriend this weekend,
Tonight I added a 20 Amp outlet in the garage so that I can move some things around for more garage depth... More to come this week on re-organizing...

Latest posts

Back