What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a photo shoot for this '55 Linc & '56 Ford PU for the Dec issue of Firing Order Mag. U're gonna love the photos!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 37
Taught my Grandson to mig weld.......kinda sorta...

stared at my project.....entertained the unexpected visitors from Tenn...:eek:..stared some more at my project.....Helped put a cold air intake system on the grandson's truck...stared at my project......got the riding lawn mower out of storage for the wife to cut the lawn...(it was over 60 dgrees and the grass has grown over the last month)..notice I said for the wife to cut..:D..stared at my project....and actually watched Duck Dynasty for the first time and LMAO......realized I need to pick one of the many unfinished aspects of my build and actually finish it.....then move on to the next....it was like a REVELATION!!!....Happy Happy Happy....!!!

Knocked 3 shop projects out, finished up 95% of my sons 01 ranger frame splice (18yrs old, didn't listen, bought a rusted out ranger for $3K), worked a double on Sunday, was about to go home when I got called out to a house fire. Home was 3:30 a.m. instead of midnight![S

Didn't accomplish much...

My band headlined a show friday night at one of the best live music venues in town :rolleyes: ...was out waaaay too late, so Saturday was a write-off.

Sunday, I finally came to life and started to clear out some crap in the garage to make room for the '61 Imperial 413 motor I bought today for my '32 plymouth coupe...:D:D:D

Traded my bagged 50 Chevy for a channelled 46 ford with a 48 Chevy front end it looks great runs good but there's only one problem it only has half a motor I can't find the other 4 cylinders anywhere :confused:but its good on gas so I guess that's a plus and I do have a wedge I could stuff under the hood. [ddd

Was able to get a super deal on a T5 tailshaft housing, top cover and shifter from a '94 Chevy S/10 at Pick-N-Pull on Saturday. Spent the weekend obtaining those and swapping them onto my '87 TurboCoupe T5. This swap places the shifter 7" further forward providing a much better shifter placement. Now I can shift into 2nd, 4th & reverse without banging the Dodge Caravan seat in the roadster!

Here's the original '87 T5....................

P1010005_07.jpg

Here's the T5 with the S/10 parts installed. Note shifter placement much farther forward..................

PB190007.jpg

Spent an hour or so going through the hard copy of "Firing Order" volume one.

Bought a new project, 71 GMC Sprint, daughter and i are going to build something ? Chopped, bobbed, slamed or something to that effect. Any body ever chop an el camino? [S

[P

Went to a farm auction Saturday, bought a few cool gas tanks, some yellow 4.75" fog lights, and a tractor grill shell for future builds. Also bought a old case tractor to save it from the scrap yard.

Today I went to a decent swap meet and scored a few things. A universal trans x member for $15 for a friends F1 build. A decent 6" vice for $10 and some other small stuff.

I got all the tabs and perches cut off my rear axle, pulled everything out of the garage and put all the tools where they are supposed to be. Got my cab on wheels so its mobile and got the whole yard landscaped.[cl. Oh and picked up a sweet blast cabinet off CL for 50 bucks.

For me, it was all a bunch of small victories...

Re-organized the garage a bit. Made a tig filler rod holder out of some scrap metal. Bought and installed a fuel pressure regulator for my F3 and finally got around to putting some new wiper arms and blades on the truck too.

Pulled the intake and carb off the 413 wedge, ready to go into the hotsy at work for a deep clean. Heads will be next.

Did a little maintenance on my daily driver too. I'm happy with what little I did do this weekend.

I finished running all my brake lines and installed my brake pedal and gas pedal. I used old wrenches. Also modified headers to route outside of the frame. Built the driveline tunnel. Ate lots.

Christmas shopping for the kids almost done (thank god) tree up put a heater in the 46 built a new exhaust for it too using a Harley muffler watched lots of collage football both my teams won can't say the same about my nfl team worked on a friends truck and ate lots of leftovers I'm good till next year on turkey lol

Went out to the barn to work on my Thing...finally.....

Got the heat going and the place warmed up....didn't even get a tool in my hand....kid pulls into the drive with his W900 Kenworth....his 18spd Eaton Fuller trans is stuck in Lo (direct) won't shift spliter into hi (OD)..... thought we had a bad spliter valve ......not to be....shift fork broken....had to pull the back box off...for those of you who have ever done this....you'll feel my pain as I had to borrow a crap ton of special tools to support the output shafts of the main box and it all has to be timed for assembly....parts are not cheap....labor is extensive...:( ..... aux case rebuilt is 2K....a rebuilt trans with aux case is 3k....we are going to fix it....about 800 in parts without my / our labor costs.....so much for any of my crap....Last weekend it was Xmas lights and decorations on the house.... :( HO HO HO!!!

After Thanksgiving with my family Friday seemed like a good day to go car hunting. I knew of a Cadillac that looked neglected so went across town knocked on the guys door and believe it or not he will sell it. The car is an all original 1965 Coupe DeVille with 51,000 miles. It was not garage kept and it is not perfect but for $1500 I cant pass it up. The story is he bought it from the original owner. She was his dads girlfriend. I will not have the money until after the 1st of the year but I am going back this weekend and give him a deposit.

I worked 3 shifts in two days and finished the kids Xmas shopping saturday night. Now that I have a day off I have the flu. [S maybe friday I can get some stuff done!

worked all thanksgiving weekend boarding in my garage addition and preping the roof for the metal roofing hoping to be able to get it by New Years.

Latest posts

Back