What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually did something constructive....kinda...

I cut in the color on the front of the bed and rear of cab......so I can get it mounted back up....that and went to visit my daughter in Ypsilanti.....that was fun.. :( Cab isn't done but no more work needed below the rear glass...
I attached a shot of the bed with the Satin green....kind of looks od green in the pic but it's not....it's a satin hunter green....saw the color on a rustoleum color chart but it was a gloss...took the color to a local auto body paint supplier and they were able to mix it (single stage) then gave me some flatting agent to mix........came out pretty good.....but think I put in too much flatting agent...pic is from my crappy phone camera....what do you think...???

Attachments

• Bed color.....jpg
    Bed color.....jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 26
This weekend ... wagon repair

The crappy cheap aftermarket throttle cable bracket was failing on the wagon. I found another one in a box while searching for other parts and rebuilt it for the wagon, welding on bits of metal to strengthen and stabilize it. The replacement does not turn on the single Holley carb stud like the old one did, so now it has Wide Open Throttle, and the transmission (200-4R) has proper TV pressure. Plus, I was able to repurpose a bracket from some Blazer leftovers into a throttle return spring bracket. Forgot to take a pic, but I'll try to edit & add soon.

I love having a welder! [;)

440shorty

P.S. I did not find what I was looking for :rolleyes:

Pulled the vacuum wiper of my truck and cleaned and rebuild it it works like new(no for **** but will get the job done)lol made a new shifter and got a new couch for the house in hopes that I could have a place to sit yeah right came in to find all four teenagers asleep on it

Friend gave me a torpedo heater and I cleaned it up and waxed it. It is older but works great, makes short work of knocking the chill off the garage.

Got home from knee replacement surgery.
Pain is bad and Percocet makes me sick.
I've puked in every room in the house and some numerous times.

We're having fun now.

Bored to death.

:eek: POPS :mad:

Pops.....I feel your pain....

We're having fun now.

Bored to death.

The anesthetic made me sick, the pain meds made me sick so did without the meds.....I can only imagine how much more pain you are in than I was...the pain should subside within a few days...unless you move the wrong way....sister in law just had her's done...is doing well and wonders why she waited in pain for so long....my knee?? It still hurts and aches....not sure what's up but getting sick of it....hope you feel better quick....

Bought a new parts chaser, 89 GMC, for $1500. It may get the 468 BBC on the engine stand if the 350 lays down.

Attachments

• 89 GMC.jpg
    89 GMC.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 13
The wife and I made a trellis archway for my mother n law.
B5B6AB8D-D740-4AE7-811F-6E09A92A8287-1987-000003A7D78C3827.jpg

I'm hoping to get a few other metal presents done in time also.

We're having fun now.

Bored to death.

my dad just had his done got home saturday... sat night mom called me back over he had got up out of bed and sat in his recliner and couldn't get back up on the walker

Thanks but not really, but I do like playing with metal :D

I've thought about making them to sale, this one was one to learn from lol

Knee replacement

my dad just had his done got home saturday... sat night mom called me back over he had got up out of bed and sat in his recliner and couldn't get back up on the walker

Recliners are not your friend after knee surgery.
Still dealing with the pain. Now I've got gout in my foot on the same leg.
I used to think I was a pretty tuff old coot
I'm just a big old whining etc.

I have managed to keep from going totally nuts by spending all unnecessary
And unclaimed funds on parts for the dodge.

Headers , carb, intake.

Maybe in a couple more weeks I can get back at it.

Merry Christmas to every one!!
Let's stop and count our blessings.

POPS

Engines

Took delivery of two engines into the shop for "customer work." One is a Honda B20 fresh from Japan for a friend's CR-V. This job "pays" for the 2-post lift he gave me. The other is a 4.3 Vortec V6 for the wife's Olds Bravada. Looks like the cool cars have to wait! :(

440shorty

Latest posts

Back