What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an old '60s '32 Bantam altered rolling chassis. With a 351 Cleveland/C6/9". It is being delivered in the morning. It is very cool.

I spent the rest of Saturday cleaning up the house garage so I can keep safe and cozy until I am ready to start going crazy with it.

I am soooooooo stoked![cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl
I did some more investigating today. It has an AOD trans. I didn't think it looked like any C6 that I had been intimate with in the past. Now to find out if it has been worked over. The Cleveland has 4V heads. Edelbrock F351 intake. Vega steering box (seems stuck). Superbell front axle with a reverse eye spring. The wheel base is about 90". The engine and trans look like they saw some time in the SoCal elements. Distributor is badly corroded around the base. I sure hope I can salvage the engine. The 9" is, narrowed to about 50" I think, its not a limited slip, has big axle bearings. New 5.60x15 Sears radials on Centerline wheels up front. Chrome front hubs! Not sure what to do about that. Also has disc brake brackets on the front spindles. All in all, I Could not have gone shopping at Speedway and got all this stuff for several times what I paid for it. <grin>

Wasn't exactly this past weekend but took this pic on the way back from Pistons and Paint car show in Denton a couple weekends ago.

Attachments

• Station.jpg
    Station.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 34
I'm still in my weekend, Sunday Monday off.
Put new rollers on the donor window regulators only to find one was manufactured wrong. Couldn't get it to fit in the door [S then compared to the original :mad: On a positive note, the passenger door is done. [cl

Did an alternator change... 1 big PITA!!!

I try to keep my belts, hoses & other stuff current because I don't wanna get stranded for something stupid like that! So a couple years ago I tried to change the fan belt on the Ranchero but couldn't get one alternator bolt lose & even bruised my ribs trying & gave it up. So finally the alternator goes out & I have to address this issue. 1st... the frozen bolt broke & the only way to get it off was to put the fan pulley off. So I figured while I'm at it I might as well take my radiator in & have it boiled. No prob but that's never fun. Then the bottom hose would not come off so I had to cut it with a big butcher knife (that hose was a PITA to find). Had to use a cut off wheel on the frozen bolt & when I finally got the alternator off... one of the wires was very loose. If the stupid bolt had just come loose this would have been SO easy but that just wasn't in the cards. I use the Ranchero on the farm a lot haulin' stuff around so I've got to get it back running asap! Hate it when stupid stuff like this happens! :mad::mad::mad:

BoB

Attachments

• alt.jpg
    alt.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 16
I'm at my Wednesday in my work week. I tried to contact the owner of the 52 coe here in town. Appears he is traveling....grrr....I'm not very good at waiting...:confused:

pulled a gas tank out of a suburban and replaced it with a new one ,,, then 30 min, later pulled it back out and now waiting on a fuel pump .. I guess the trash in the tank caused the pump not to pump like it should . [S

Finally got off my butt and spent 5 hours cleaning the garage. Worked on my electric furnace trying figure out why the blower was running slow. Needless to say I smoked the whole unit, now I get to buy a new one. :eek: Gonna start back on the Dodge tomorrow!

Well I've been busy as heck for the past 2 months so my truck has sat. I rebuilt the carbs this morning and battled with a bunch of a.n. Fittings. I'm leak free now and terrorizing Clairemont again. Man I almost forgot how fun my toy is. Remembered instantly once i hit the road. Went to a local cruise-in. San Diego mopar club, but they accept all gear heads so I was welcomed. Awesome day today!

smallfoot Ive been pulling wires myself on Goober..(thats what i'm going to call my 97 F-150) I pulled new wires to my gas tank sending unit ,, also for the alternator ,, then built a new cross member because the old one was in the way of the headers. It was just easy-er to build one than to modify the original . Also hide all the wires with the black plastic coil stuff. Made them look better . Then pulled it of the rack and set Besty up there Thats my 65 F-100 4x4 . I have to take the tank out and see how bad it is ..(Crud - Rust) I also built a reverse gearshift for my Rat rod. I plan on having a separate handle for the reverse..I like to build and collect stuff for my Rat when I can ..And I done a lot of sweeping up the floor today too..

I got me some Nawlins... or maybe Nawlins got some of me... haha!!! [ddd

Got this sign for my shop while I was there! [cl

BoB

Attachments

• NOPD.jpg
    NOPD.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 10
Well my alternator change has nearly become a full time job. EVERY part of this project has been a *complete* PITA. Will be glad to get the Ranchero back on the road & finish this bad movie pronto!!! :mad::eek:[S

BoB

Well after the alternator replacement fighting me every single step of the way I finally got it replaced & decided to get a new alum radiator while I'm at it! I've been touching up the paint in the engine compartment a lil but will be glad to have it back on the road as soon as the new rad gets here! A simple swap that should have taken an hour turned into a torturous 2 week affair! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Raking leaves and burning them ,, tried some fiber-glassing and didnt work out so back to the drawing board on that .. still have a few days of raking .. I need to build something to wind-row and bail them things up and then I'd stack them on the truck and go to the land-fill with them .. Burning leaves sux :(

Raking leaves and burning them ,, tried some fiber-glassing and didnt work out so back to the drawing board on that .. still have a few days of raking .. I need to build something to wind-row and bail them things up and then I'd stack them on the truck and go to the land-fill with them .. Burning leaves sux :(
Nature has a way of making them go away. I am a patient man. I let nature do my yard work.

I got my coupe ready for the trip to Texas Sunday....gonna trade it for a '56 Fairlane Club Sedan. Halfway is about 480 miles, so it'll be a long day, but I can't wait. My first car was a '56 Fairlane Club Sedan, so this is full circle for me. I'll post pics of the exchange, etc. when I get back. :)

Latest posts

Back