36 Ford truck on Ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bunch of tinkering happened today. The first pic is just the intake with carbs set in place, lined up and the bolts started. They got torqued down. I took out all of the sparkplugs and cleaned them. Putting the alternator and fan on a flathead while it's in the vehicle is quite a chore. Anyhow, pic two is the motor almost ready to test-drive, almost, hopefully. Oh ya, you'll see in the second picture that I made a blue hairpin mount for the fuel log to keep it away from the head. Hopefully, that will keep the gas cooler.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 18
I had a set-back today. The power steering mounting bracket still needed to be installed, but I couldn't start a weird bolt that screws into the big nut that holds the alternator and the fan brackets on. I eventually lost the bolt down the front of the motor behind the fan. It's pretty tight in there. I couldn't find it with the trouble light and a magnet or crawling underneath and running my fingers everywhere. So I had to make a new one, a 9/16, fine threaded, short bolt. It took me a while to find a suitable candidate.
Then the three deuce, progressive linkage had to be re-figured out and re-installed.
A few fuel lines had to be installed and then pressure checked.
Here's the finished product, ready to test-drive.

Attachments

• IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the good vibes, guys. Today, it started right up, I found the bolt that I had lost yesterday, then I fixed another gas leak,. I checked the timing and it's at less than 1* advanced at an idle. I set out for our nearest town to get gas and test the power. -------- Everything went well.
So I brought it home, swept out the shop,, and then put the truck away in the back of the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.jpg
    IMG_2625.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 16
Thank you Guys.
Dozer, whooa, I never even thought about stabilizer.
Small, yes it has a heater that worked nicely yesterday, but I got the truck a little bit salty from the pavement and I don't want to add even more tin worm to it.

Latest posts

Back