Traditional rats

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit ridge rats

Traditional rats..did..do exist...You think??.........sorry hamb..

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 206
What I was saying..or trying to say was rats really do have a history. Built with junkyard parts mostly by junkyard employees in the early 50s. I don't have an answer for your question. Define a rat for me please..

Please explain the difference between a well driven beaten up traditional race car and a Rat.[/QUOTMany of the rats..at least were I lived..were built in junkyards by employees out of old discarded roundy bodies and frames usally with early olds or caddie motors and early ford rearends..making the a terror at the stop lights. The car in the photo was built in the same manner in respect for that time.

Yeah, this has been thrashed out here over the years. rat rods have been around a long time - back in the day they just called them hot rods.

Why here's one from the Battle of the Bulge in WWII: :rolleyes:
attachment.php

Hey Maverick: When you are beating a dead horse, you don't know you are beating a dead horse. It is obvious only to others.

Personally I like this one (BED's favorite):
20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Attachments

• SchneeRatte-Monschau.jpg
    SchneeRatte-Monschau.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 272
Who gives a ****?

That is one hot little hotrod. One of the coolest I've ever seen. Of course modified race cars kinda blow my skirt up anyway.

Sorry to take a serious turn here but, I built my first hot rod in 1958. With the tools we had, the lack of experience and very little money, many of the hot rods of the era were pretty "ratty". It wasn't that we wanted them that way, it was the best we could do/afford.

I see nothing wrong with replicating the "average" "ratty" hot rod of that and earlier times and calling them traditional rats.

Just build 'em safe boys.

That is one hot little hotrod. One of the coolest I've ever seen. Of course modified race cars kinda blow my skirt up anyway.

Thanks. Coupe is yard art..no motor..built entirerly out of donated and discarded parts with the exception of a quart of black tempra paint..$5.97..hosed down to desired patina. Photo is of coupe last year.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back