1930 Model A truck build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Truck

Ok been a while since truck has gotten any work done, has been a busy summer land race car got new engine 4.8 ls style motor new t10 trans new headers ect. Here's a picture of new motor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 95
A Truck

So started back on truck and after epic fail on cowl patch panel were moving along again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 66
A Truck

Found another cowl panel and replaced whole side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 50
A Truck

Installed and repaired passenger side but didn't snap a picture. This panel didn't need a lower patch, but had to repair top next to tank. Also still haven't found a good drivers side door so using the one from our sedan gasser for some inspiration, and to fit patch panels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 99
I can't remember everything, that's what computers are for...

I've seen front shocks mounted to split wishbones but I can't recall seeing them mounted to hairpins.
I would think that it would require some sort of plate between the upper and lower arms on the hairpin for structural support.
Lets see what anyone else has to say.
Build is looking great.
Torchie.

Didn't OldIron mount shocks on Indian head gussets in his hairpins?
Or was that Bonehead with bandito gussets?
Regardless, I thought I had seen shocks on hairpins with gussets on here before as well, Torchie.
-Chaz

Found it!

Got to do a little work today

Here's where the chief heads reside now as lower shock mounts
attachment.php

Here's how I mounted the shocks to the frame
Just enough clearance not to rub or bind :)
attachment.php

Everything is all painted and reassembled
attachment.php

I've got a little more rust patch work to do today then tomorrow I'll get some Chassis Saver for the underneath of the body.
At that point I can mount the body to the frame finally [dr
I'll have the engine day after tomorrow and will post pics :D

1933 Pontiac
Specific post

Woo Hoo!
-Chaz

Model a truck

Thanks for the tip on the front shocks looks like what I need to do, will be a bit before I get to it. Trying to stay on body work floors and transmission tunnel before any other stuff.

A truck

Finally front shock mounts again thanks for the tips. I used 1/4 plate over kill but what I had on hand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 66
A truck

Then Barney stoped in and chopped top 2 inches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 63
A truck

Floors mostly done, started on steering column and pedals.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 54
A truck

Thanks Old Iron. Last one for a bit, chopped up a drive shaft for it ran a few brake lines, made drive shaft loop. Floors and body are welded to frame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 60
Model a truck

Was thinking about filling roof and had a junk hood of a 1999 gmc, so cut it up and looks like it will work. I think it is had to tell until you weld it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 37
A truck

Here it is on truck. Hard to tell from picture but rear seam is were it always seems to be the most problem, or takes the most filler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 61
Model a

Ran out of c25 so taking break on roof. Dragged bed inside looks rough but going to try to make it work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back