Picked this up on Saturday

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

The back story is, the 53 Chev suspension is close to shot. Needs kingpins again, the ones I replaced two years ago wore out, I need to go oversize. The drag link also has a lot of play, there are rebuild kits available. Car is getting too hairy to drive, I took it to a car meet about an hour away on a windy day a few weeks ago....vewy scawy... So its parked for awhile until I figure out where I want to go with it, can still be driven to the monthly cruise a few blocks away.

Then....my daughters boyfreind tells me he wants to sell his Pontiac Ventura.

Its a 76 with a 72 455 but!...6X-4 W72 heads. Research sez it has a 4bolt main.

He made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

So far all it needs is a fuel pump, hasn't been driven in over a year. Got it to run for a few seconds yesterday. Its all there, headers, shift kit, 3:73 Posi, nice exhaust system, slicks on back, skinnies on front. Tight suspension. :) Very little rust. The front bumpers must weigh 100 pounds each, but they can be lightened with custom bracketing.

Anyway, not quite a rat rod, may flip, may keep.

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0411.jpg
    IMG_0411.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0412.JPG
    IMG_0412.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 40
Back in the late 70's early 80's my dad acquired a 75 Ventura. Painted it orange, put a 455 in it, and drove it for a little while before selling. This car looks a lot like that one.

Personally I'd put some radials on that car, clean it up and drive it!

maverickmk, 05snopro440.

Good deals make my day.

The skinnies up front are brand new, not sure about what the rims will take.

I dropped the Carter fuel pump, it was a little stuck got it spinning, put it back in, got car to start and idle. A little ticky up top, but the oil got it to quiet up a little. Drove it around the block. Brakes need bleeding, and then....the shifter cable got completely locked up. It was stiff Saturday, we had trouble getting it to go in neutral. I just removed the cable, I guess I got to get a new one, won't budge.

Don't you love it when you get these deals, and then have to go through everything one at a time? Ok...this....now that....now this other thing.....:confused: Nature of the beast, and yet fun!

My dad had Keystone Klassics on his. Sure made that car look good.

I'm not a fan of skinny frontrunners on a street car but that's just me.

I think it's pretty normal to have to go through everything on any car you buy and make sure it's operable and safe. Always a good idea, anyways.

:)
Neat car. [cl

Are they Center Line wheels?

Yes I believe they are, The tire is a radial 165 15 80R

Wow... I'd have to drive that a while! Don't see many of them & would definitely be fun on the streets! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Yes if it was a Nova version I may not have been as interested, I like the rarity

My dad had Keystone Klassics on his. Sure made that car look good.

I'm not a fan of skinny frontrunners on a street car but that's just me.

I think it's pretty normal to have to go through everything on any car you buy and make sure it's operable and safe. Always a good idea, anyways.

Yes I will be considering tires, not sure how all of this will handle, right now I am wrestling with a weak high torque starter, expensive unit.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 9
😎

Not a lot of Ventura’s around l’m building a 1974 now with an ls 4.8 for the wife

Latest posts

Back