Speedway front

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onequick26

Puts Nitro on his Cheerios
As some of you know im useing a speedway front end with the chevy spindles.Ok here's my problem,There is a spacer that goes on the spindle before the rotor,when i put it all together and adjusted the castle nut is too far out to use a cotter pin and with out the spacer the rotor won't adjust the way it should(it's too lose)so any one had this problem.:confused:

Don,
You said your son used one on his car, did he have the same problem ?

Onequick, how thick is your castle nut. I've seen them in varying thicknesses. Would a thinner nut help your cause? I'm assuming everything else is in order here and just dealing with the nut. How much do you lack? If it's close, you could deepen the grooves in the castle nut a bit.

Since Don's son used this set up already, he will probably be much more help than I am.

No, actually I don't know. Don's T hasn't gotten to that stage yet, so we haven't played with the rotors at all.

I would call Speedway and ask for a tech. BTW, they now have an 800 #. 1-800-979-0122. Pete from Pittsburgh mentioned on that gasser he was building that he had fits trying to get all the stuff to match up on his Speedway front end kit. Maybe you have some mismatch that won't work right.

If worst comes to worst, post some detailed pictures and we'll see what we can see.

Don

With the rear spacer in place, is the caliper centered on the rotor?
I've had to cut down castle nuts before on some kits.
If the caliper isn't centered on the rotor you may need to machine down the rear spacer. Or, if the caliper IS centered and you don't have enough meat on the castle nut to machine it down, you may have to machine down the rear spacer and rework the caliper bracket to move everything in........

LOL...I said meat on the castle nut.......:D

Tracy

did you heat up the bearing race and slide it all the way on the spindle or press it all the way on i have the same kit on my 55 willys i had to heat it up per the instructions 400 degrees for 20 min then they just slid right on all the way to the shoulder

if you did do this im sorry but i hope this helps good luck:)

Well I called speedway today let me back up here.There are 4 races loose in the box o'goods they sent and the rotor had races in them already so I filed the loose ones away for a rainday.Anyway I got there modified spindle (49 chev)and the races in the rotors are for stock spindles and loose ones are for the mod spindles.So long story short I swap races and all is good.

Thanks for the help guys.....:)

Did they say if there was suppost to be an instruction sheet in the package?
If not, I would let them know they should include something to let the customer know they are suppost to do that.

Give the "ASSUME" theory. You know... when you assume it makes a
AS# out of U and ME....lol

Tracy

No i did say anything about that i guess they do assume that if you order it you know what too do.I have also found that some parts were not shipped with my order but speedway has shipped them out right away with no ? asked.

That's what I'm saying.... never assume.......even coilover shocks come with instructions.
Over on KB another member and myself got in a debate over adjustable proportioning valves. He assumed that they always install on the rear brakes just because a single page instruction sheet said that's where to put it. Some companys either do not give any info. or only give generic info. I believe they are the ones who are in the sale parts only end and not on the manufactoring side as well. Always question what doesn't make sense.

Tracy

"Trippers' 300 club", is that a rough number on your stumbles to perfection or what?
lol...........hay nice work on the race thing........I have not yet seen mods and upgrades go on just right the first time.........someone is always tripping over the cord.......lol.....:eek:

Maximo

Surprises!!!

I have not yet seen mods and upgrades go on just right the first time.........someone is always tripping over the cord.......lol.....:eek:

KingMaximo,
WHY do u think they call me the Tripper!?!? ; - >

I am very computer savvy & my son the Tripper Jr is a complete computer geek-a-zoid who owns a sofrware company! U c how fast he got this site up & running. I have some surprise'es for u guy'es!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back