Auction finds

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

39flatback

Went to an auction in October and picked up this Harrison lathe, Bridgeport mill and Brown & Sharpe surface grinder.
Best auction I've ever been to, they didn't even make scrap prices. The mill and lathe work, the surface grinder was partly disassembled so not sure about it yet.
There were lots of other collectibles there as well, juke boxes, pinball machines, soft drink coolers and so on. Did pick up a couple of Coke coolers, a 69 Marquis convertible and an old vacuum tube tester plus a few other small bits.

Got them home.

In the shop.

May never use it but thought it was cool.

Dude... I'm droolin' all over that lathe! How did you load & haul that koool stuff off?! [dr

BoB

That's what I was wondering after I got them...how the heck am I going to move all this in such a short time.:rolleyes:
Lucky for me the sale wasn't far from my place.
My neighbor helped me pick up the smaller stuff and get the equipment moved to the door for pick up. Rolling them on pipes made the job a lot easier.
There's a place up the road from where the sale was that has cranes and boom trucks. Since I didn't have a lot of time to get things moved and they had a customer cancel out on a job, they had a truck that was able to move them right away.

I'd love to have the lathe and mill.
My lathe is an old Logan belt drive. I've had it for 30 years and bought it from a fiend used who bought it used. It's getting a little tired.
Happy for ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back