Rat Rod of the Day!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ck that hood! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 93
The skulls are tequila bottles.
The hood and front end are a little too over the top for me. When you weld S@#! to your car just for shock factor (saw blades), I'm out.

The skulls are tequila bottles.
The hood and front end are a little too over the top for me. When you weld S@#! to your car just for shock factor (saw blades), I'm out.

I'd be afraid some of that junk on the hood would come loose & come through the windshield! :eek:

Toad

The 51 has always been one of my favorites. Came close to buying a 51 gasser, before I made this chev purchase, but it was out of my range. The deal was with or without engine, but for the price of without the body wasn't worth it, except maybe for the race interior.

Someone done a nice job on that chop [cl :cool:

They sure did! It has really awesome lines.

A guy I know here chopped one a few years ago, for the way the finished product turned out it should have been left alone. My opinion on chops is if it doesn't improve the original look and styling of the car (similar to what ZZ did on the Packard he's building), it should be left alone. Many should be left alone IMO.

They sure did! It has really awesome lines.

A guy I know here chopped one a few years ago, for the way the finished product turned out it should have been left alone. My opinion on chops is if it doesn't improve the original look and styling of the car (similar to what ZZ did on the Packard he's building), it should be left alone. Many should be left alone IMO.

That was always the original intent for a custom car, snopro.
A fairly mild chop for sure. Especially given the heavy chops that many cars get these days.
The heavy chop look was an off shoot of the dry lake racers that chopped them to get more aerodynamics. They were never intended for street use. I saw some pics from one of the recent custom car shows that had a couple of absurdly low roofs. Not to my taste, but it's their car.
Torchie

That was always the original intent for a custom car, snopro.
A fairly mild chop for sure. Especially given the heavy chops that many cars get these days.
The heavy chop look was an off shoot of the dry lake racers that chopped them to get more aerodynamics. They were never intended for street use. I saw some pics from one of the recent custom car shows that had a couple of absurdly low roofs. Not to my taste, but it's their car.
Torchie

I've seen a few 10" chops on Model A's lately. In my opinion, that's a sure way to make a Model A look like crap and ensure it's barely driven.

The dry lakes and land speed racing look is cool, but never intended for street use as you said.

I'm all for modification, but tastefully done modifications are the ones that stand the test of time. :)

Latest posts

Back