Home made tools

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another quick one.

Got tired of trying to drag the snowmobile around the shop by myself. Decided there must be an easier way. Saw something like this online, thought I could do something like that pretty easy. Still needs some fine tuning, but seems to work good. Used some of my scrap and $8 for some HF wheels and waallaa Got a couple more thoughts to make it a little better, but, I can now easily roll the sled around the shop and across the gravel driveway.

IMG_20140112_190041_289_zps00def1ad.jpg

Slide it under the sled and rock it back so the board hits the bulkhead. Then pull back so it lifts the sled. Pick up on the back bumper holding the handle and roll away. Further efforts will make it so I don't have to pick up on the bumper. That will be attached to the handle.

I built this rotisserie for my 64 project. I've used it for everything but.

Attachments

• more 64 001.jpg
    more 64 001.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 61
  • more 64 002.jpg
    more 64 002.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 44
More and more we are moving all our tools off of walls and onto carts that we can roll right up to where we are working. It is making things so much more efficient and easier to put tools back.

My Son Dan just cut up a little rolling cart we had and added some angle iron uprights to it so we can put all our vice grips, clamps, and other fabricating stuff on it. He still has to add some holders for tape measures and things like sharpie permanent markers, and the red trays will hold stuff like T squares and cut off pieces of steel. So now when we are building something we won't have to make a bunch of trips to the rack on the wall to keep getting tools we need.

Don

Latest posts

Back